Media

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SERIOUSLY.....
Do you really believe the fantasy story that chickens run FREE around on Eight (8) Acres and then people run around on those Eight (8) Acres hunting for the eggs like an Eight (8) Acre EASTER EGG HUNT 24/7...
WoW...

Q: HI there Mr Dufus, what do you do for a living?
A: Uh. Ya can call me Bubah, iz jest walk round all day wit mi basket lookin for eggs in dis ate (6) acre field feeld a lookin fer dem eggz fer this like da Estar Eggz hunt for dem peeple dat beeleev it's dune lik dis...
We had chickens on the farm. You would not find even half the eggs. Besides, other chickens will eat them if they are layed outside.

I buy non organic also of course, but if I can get good organic fruit and vegetables I will buy them, especially berries and apples. I definitely buy organic oats because glyphosate, which is Roundup, is sprayed as a desiccant to dry non organic oats prior to harvest. They're even finding it in high levels in Cheerios. I buy Happy Eggs or similar certified free range eggs because their chickens all free range in at a minimum 8 acre pastures. To me, having chickens stuffed into super tiny cages their entire miserable lives is horrible. I'll pay a little extra so I know the hens aren't suffering to supply my eggs. I enjoy eating meat and eggs, but I don't believe that animals need to suffer in order to feed us.
Ive been to the free range farms, you might get 8 acres but there will be 2000 hens on it. We freerange our chickens, we have 15 on 15 acres but they dont go more than 50 feet from the coupe. You really are best off if you can find someone with chickens that sells eggs. You will know right away, the darker orange the yolk the better the quality. I haven't seen any in a store like real freerange.

Vital Farms is one of the best. Here's a video of one of their pastures. The hens go outside even in winter. I buy their eggs frequently. The Vital Farms are true pasture raised. The Happy Eggs are free range on pastures but have to be classed as free range because there's more hens per pasture than allowed for the pasture raised rating. Both brands have the darker orange yolks. None of the farms are perfect, but some are definitely better than others. They're definitely more expensive, so that unfortunately makes it difficult for everyone to be able to afford them.

https://vitalfarms.com/farm/dogwood-acres/

Last edited:
I love eggs, but I want nothing to do with eggs from a farm like this one. It's really tough to watch...

I love eggs, but I want nothing to do with eggs from a farm like this one. It's really tough to watch...
You love the chickens... So Much...
Ever see an actual."chicken farm", I know you haven't!
So concerned about the way 'poor' little chicken feelings and conditions.....

.. AS A HUGE WHOLE CHICKEN DFROSTS RIGHT NOW IN THE KITCHEN, one you will have No Problem eating after I roast it tomorrow!
That seems pretty hypocritical to me!
Oh, and the "chicken' nuggets you do for lunch most Every Day for lunch... HAA HAA HA HA....
So, so concerned regarding the condition of where the eggs come from... 'Free Range, Happy Chickens'... omg....
You would shit yourself if you Actually knew, if you grew up in MO. & Ark. You would know that fantasy dream of FREE RANGE is Bullshit!

Oh, and do.you recall.the Two tests WE did? Two different times I cooked you two eggs.
One from my normal eggs and one of your special free range organic and you tasted/ate both 'as a little Test', you choose the one you thought was best..
YOU PICKED THE NORMAL.OVER YOUR FREE RANGE HAPPY EGGS not once, but Two different separate Times!!! I suppose you forget that ...Twice you found the regular ones BETER.

Those were Egglands Best cage free which as I found out later that the cage free meaning isn't humane either.

And like with organic produce, it's not about me or the taste as much as it's about what's better for the animals and the earth. Pesticide free is even better for survival of the bees.
Anyways, I'm sure there isn't enough land in the USA to raise every chicken to run free in an open air pasture, but there has to be a better way than what's being done now.

Those were Egglands Best cage free which as I found out later that the cage free meaning isn't humane either.

And like with organic produce, it's not about me or the taste as much as it's about what's better for the animals and the earth. Pesticide free is even better for survival of the bees.
Anyways, I'm sure there isn't enough land in the USA to raise every chicken to run free in an open air pasture, but there has to be a better way than what's being done now.
The better way is for more people to raise their own. Raise your own chickens eggs and beef.

I dont know why more people dont do hens, they are easy and you can do it in a small yard. They are quiet as long as you dont have a rooster. Really you only need 3-4 unless you eat eggs daily and have a large family.

I dont know why more people dont do hens, they are easy and you can do it in a small yard. They are quiet as long as you dont have a rooster. Really you only need 3-4 unless you eat eggs daily and have a large family.
Most towns have too many restrictions.

We can have hens, and we've thought about it, but it just gets too hot here in the summer. Plus it'd be another thing for Ken to have to take care of when I visit my family.

IMHO, the pork industry shot themselves in the foot by forcing nicer, bigger pens for the piggies. They pushed this thru state legislators, and got what they want. Now, the $1.25 a pound bacon is $6 a pound. I refuse to pay that much, along with most others that I know. Now they have bigger pens, and sales have declined 50%. Be careful what you ask for. Just like chickens. They don't care about those animals, and just a ruse to keep prices higher.

I try to not think too much about how the animals are farmed. I just wish they could find a happy medium where the animals aren't suffering but meat stays at a somewhat reasonable price. I'll pay more for humanely raised meat and eggs if it's available, but many people just aren't able to.

I just found this interesting. The Filipino people have long had a legend of a cyclops race living there in the distant past. Not long ago a 10,000 year old skull was found.

363327496_725826252888993_8320266227290084961_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back