last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last dog I had die, died in my lap. Had her 16 1/2 years. Not easy. Current dog is 6 and I can see old age starting to bother her. Animals become family.

Barrie, how good are you at transmissions? My 07 ram 2500 would shift back and forth between 1st and 2nd if I were driving anywhere between 20 and 25. From my research that was my governor shift solenoid. It wouldn't do it if I got on it and stayed on it. Been doing that for the last couple months but I havent driven it much. Now a couple days ago I put my enclosed trailer on the back and put it in drive and nothing, acting like it was low on fluid it finally fell into gear and moved. At the next stop it almost felt like it was slipping but more just not in gear at all. Took the trailer off checked the fluid which was at the right level but looked used and had a bit of burnt smell to it. Drove the truck back to my shop. While going back to my shop I could get on it and spin the tires and it drove like normal. This tyranny has maybe 20k on at and is a billet trans all built up. This is the third one I've gone through. I'm more wondering if it could be something fixable without a complete rebuild. I am leaning more towards a manual swap this time.

Morning Chris, we don't do automatic transmissions,we do remove and install them. If your fluid smells burnt it's most likely on its way out.

Around here the majority of the farmers running diesel trucks are standard shift.

Morning Chris, we don't do automatic transmissions,we do remove and install them. If your fluid smells burnt it's most likely on its way out.

Around here the majority of the farmers running diesel trucks are standard shift.
Do you how hard it is to find a standard? I searched far and wide. I'm looking for a G56 6 speed for it now. I'm over the auto.

I wish my dually was the standard but it didn't have the tow capacity I needed that the aisin 6 speed auto does

Happy late morning all. We went to dinner, then some family members came over and wouldn't leave until damn near 1 am and drank numerous bottles of wine. Talk about wearing out your welcome! I asked if they were related to Chris and they had that dumb look on their faces.

Latest posts

Back