last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
house37.jpg

Here's another pic of our house...

house37.jpg

better ask about valley fever... it killed a very good friend of mine.
-sorry for your loss-

Here you go, check it out .
http://www.azdhs.gov/documents/prep...ol/valley-fever/reports/valley-fever-2014.pdf

We are in what is considered the Northern area, YAVAPAI County.
The reported cases here in 2014 (latest data I could find) was; 1.4 out of every 100,000 people. That works out to be a 0.000014% chance of contacting it.

0.000014%

Not that much of a worry

Odds of being struck by Lightning;
http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml
1 out of 13,500 over a span of a 80 yr lifetime.... 0.000074% Chance of being struck

% chance of:
0.000014 Valley Fever
0.000074 Struck by Lightning

You have a 5.286 times greater chance of being struct by lightning!!!

HTH

Ken
RLTW

Last edited:
When we first moved here I was a little worried about EVERYTHING.... Rattlesnakes, scorpions, Tarantulas, Black Widows, Brown Recluse, Valley Fever, Rabies, Plague, Mountain Lions, Bear, wild fires, Africanized bees, fire ants, flash floods, dust storms, etc. We really do have all those things here in Arizona! But over time I found that the scorpions, rattlesnakes, and tarantulas here are few and far between, and monthly spraying the outside perimeter of the house keeps the critters away anyway. We are at 3600' elevation so the Valley fever isn't a problem. You just need to respect Mother Nature, use common sense, and take precautions where warranted. I truly love the wildness of the area - including all of the wildlife... bobcats, coyotes, javelinas, bald eagles, mountain lion, bears etc. I can do without the scorpions and rattlesnakes, but in the past year and a half I've seen only 4 dead scorpions, two tarantulas and zero rattlesnakes :)

Last edited:
YES, THIS IS A GOD AWFUL HORRIBLE PLACE TO LIVE OR EVEN VISIT... so if I may suggest that all stay away. LOL.......

Ken
RLTW

Cause, you live in a cool place. I would probably love it there. How's work for those that have another 25 years? How big is your shop?

Here I have 15 acres, a 4500 sf house with an attached 28x32 garage and 30x40 two story shop across the street from the payette river for the price of a small tract home in California. But we do have cold winters. I don't think we have any laws here? If you screw up I'm sure a neighbor will take care of you.
20171228_083427.jpg

Latest posts

Back