last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's it like in the heat of the summer there?

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/sedona/arizona/united-states/usaz0209

Mid 90's at it's worse.
It's Sedona, Verde Valley, Not Pheonix Not Flagstaff, and we are surrounded by over 6 MILLION acres of National Forrest!!! We are at the foot of Mingus Mountain, NO Snow, Ice or Cold or EXCESSIVE heat, No Humidity 20% at the worst (unless it is raining, the last rain was about 126 days ago). Thousands of miles of Trails, begining less than two miles from the house, ...Verde River is about a Mile away, Oak Creek (Oak Creek Canyon) maybe four miles. A great place to shoot about two miles from the house.....

Mid 90's at it's worse.
It's Sedona, Verde Valley, Not Pheonix Not Flagstaff, and we are surrounded by over 6 MILLION acres of National Forrest!!! We are at the foot of Mingus Mountain, NO Snow, Ice or Cold or EXCESSIVE heat, No Humidity 20% at the worst (unless it is raining, the last rain was about 126 days ago). Thousands of miles of Trails, begining less than two miles from the house, ...Verde River is about a Mile away, Oak Creek (Oak Creek Canyon) maybe four miles. A great place to shoot about two miles from the house.....

You've just about talked me into moving.

Hey Cause, the Verde River? Isn't that the river where the train cruises through?
arizona trip (85).jpg

Yep, the 'Station' is maybe 3 miles from the house, It is really a cool ride!

Yeah, a nice part of the country for sure. I was there when it was waay over 100 degrees. Hell, like sticking your head in an oven, or like being at Lake Havasu.

I do like the train ride though.
20141013_124014.jpg
20141013_124412.jpg
20141013_135047.jpg
20141013_145103.jpg
20141013_145334.jpg
20141013_150046.jpg
20141013_132853.jpg
20141013_134220.jpg
20141013_124010.jpg

Yeah, a nice part of the country for sure. I was there when it was waay over 100 degrees. .....
Not sure where you were, maybe Phx... ???

see link below;

SEDONA Climate Data...

I moved up here from Surprise/Buckeye area (about 20+ miles W of Phx, White Tank Mountains area) because it Never gets as hot here. Been here a couple years and have not seen 100 yet. Occasionaly 95 for an hour or so in mid afternoon with Humidity not over 10-15%

Ken
RLTW

Mid 90's at it's worse.
Sounds like a good place to retire. We only have you beat in two areas, we can shoot on our property and our housing is much cheaper. But we have to deal with the cold and a little snow.

Yeah, I have to fight the old lady everyday because she wants to move to the Pines area of Prescott....really bad. I really don't know why I'm fighting this so bad. Maybe I'm a bit apprehensive because I've learned the grass is not always greener when you move.

Yeah, I have to fight the old lady everyday because she wants to move to the Pines area of Prescott....really bad. I really don't know why I'm fighting this so bad. Maybe I'm a bit apprehensive because I've learned the grass is not always greener when you move.
It is when you live where you live

Sounds like a good place to retire. We only have you beat in two areas, we can shoot on our property and our housing is much cheaper. But we have to deal with the cold and a little snow.
WE can shoot on our property and have, we're in an un-incorporated area designated as rural.
As far as property, you're right. It is a little 'pricey' here because it is very limited being surrounded by National Forrest, land is at a Premium because there is very little Private available, it is pretty difficult to find any over an acre and also out of the city (Sedona proper)... we got real lucky and grabbed this place as soon as it came up. I retired here to AZ over five years ago and waited for something like this place up here. I had built a house down in Buckeye/Surprise about a year and a half before retirement.

You DO NOT want to go to Prescott, trust me on this! It is a mess, traffic is horrible over there and crowded! It sucks.

Today we drove all the way over to Dead Horse State Park (3.8 miles away) Hiked around one of the three lagoons and watched a pair of Bald Eagles 'fishing'!!! It was amazing to watch.

BTW; It was 78* here today !!!!

Last edited:
I'm gonna be in trouble when I get home. I just went to town to put tires on the wife's truck and while waiting I ordered wheels and tires for both my charger and my international.

WE can shoot on our property and have, we're in an un-incorporated area designated as rural.
As far as property, you're right. It is a little 'pricey' here because it is very limited being surrounded by National Forrest, land is at a Premium because there is very little Private available, it is pretty difficult to find any over an acre and also out of the city (Sedona proper)... we got real lucky and grabbed this place as soon as it came up. I retired here to AZ over five years ago and waited for something like this place up here. I had built a house down in Buckeye/Surprise about a year and a half before retirement.

You DO NOT want to go to Prescott, trust me on this! It is a mess, traffic is horrible over there and crowded! It sucks.

Today we drove all the way over to Dead Horse State Park (3.8 miles away) Hiked around one of the three lagoons and watched a pair of Bald Eagles 'fishing'!!! It was amazing to watch.

BTW; It was 78* here today !!!!

Keep talking Cause and I'll be be out to see you and look around.

Kenzie on our walk watching the Eagles diving!!! She really wanted to go play with them.

Kenzie watching th eagles..jpg

The back of the house

P1016227.JPG

The front
P1016236.JPG

The back garage 35x55
P1016210.JPG

Before I had it insulated, rocked, textured and painted
P1016119.JPG

The attached garage 25x30 deep
P1016168.JPG

Latest posts