Thought of the day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a thought...

Don't go under the ocean in a 'homemade' submersible made with parts from Kmart and Radio Shack !

They had a local guy on the news who was questioning why no transponder on those submarines. He said they can be read 5 miles deep and could have been located in a few minutes.

They had a local guy on the news who was questioning why no transponder on those submarines. He said they can be read 5 miles deep and could have been located in a few minutes.
I was questioning the same thing. It wouldn't have helped in this situation where it spontaneously imploded, but it would if it was disabled etc.

I was questioning the same thing. It wouldn't have helped in this situation where it spontaneously imploded, but it would if it was disabled etc.
I was wondering if it collapsed because all of the oxygen was gone? They need enough air pressure on the inside to counteract the outside water pressure.

You could never survive inside it if you counteracted the exterior pressure of 2.5 tons per square inch with equal interior pressure. The hull itself needs the strength of the material it's fabricated with and the correct shape to withstand the external pressure. Because it was made from carbon fiber and titanium instead of all titanium it just didn't have the needed strength.

James Cameron, who has become an expert since making the movie Titanic, says he told the people who built the submersible that it was not safe. He said that carbon-fiber will not stand up to the deep sea pressure.

I think my wife has started to show the first signs of Alzheimers...
👵

She said she can't remember what she ever saw in me!

I was wondering if it collapsed because all of the oxygen was gone? They need enough air pressure on the inside to counteract the outside water pressure.
Sorry, but you are wrong.

The Exterior Pressure at depth of the Titanic (where they 'were' going) would be 5,500 pounds per square inch !

I was wondering if it collapsed because all of the oxygen was gone? They need enough air pressure on the inside to counteract the outside water pressure.h
Not so, if they were inside and the pressure was 5,500 ibs/sg in... they would be chrushed. The 'shell' of the vehicle HAS to be fabricated to withstand the Exterior water pressure due to the depth, the interior would remain at STP to support life inside independently from the exterior pressure of the water.

You could never survive inside it if you counteracted the exterior pressure of 2.5 tons per square inch with equal interior pressure. The hull itself needs the strength of the material it's fabricated with and the correct shape to withstand the external pressure. Because it was made from carbon fiber and titanium instead of all titanium it just didn't have the needed strength.

It was not a factor of not enough 'strength'
The issue was the connection of two dissimilar materials, each with differing expansion/contraction properties. The cycling of the two dissimilar materials exposed to Temperature and Pressure caused a failure at the point of connection of the 'end caps' of Ti and the 'tube' of Carbon Fiber, similar to bending a piece of metal over and over until it 'fatigue fails'. Simple and basic engineering "Strength of Materials" problem.

Last edited:
I've been told the implosion turned the bodies to ash, in 4 milliseconds. They didn't even realize what hit them. *POOF*

Better described as a fine red mist.

Is it morbid to want to see this?

Just curious, but I wonder if their cell phones got any pics what life was like before the big bang came to fruition?

Is it morbid to want to see this?

Just curious, but I wonder if their cell phones got any pics what life was like before the big bang came to fruition?
Not to me

Their choice to go, they should evaluate the "risk/reward" aspect... they chose the risk and now have their "reward"...
Unless it blew them to HELL, that wouldn't be much of a reward.!

Democrats want to go to digital money.

The Marxists , they would love to have a digital wallet and a no cash society so no one could exchange any type of item for money without the government taking taxes.

Anyone that had a yard sale would have to pay taxes on any used item they sell. The government would decline you to buy certain items such as a gas stove, or a used air conditioner and allow only what they think you should buy. Your choices would be gone in a cashless society.

Some people seem to believe their brain will last longer if they don't use it too much.

Did you ever wonder why the US is broke? There are 195 countries in the world and we send aid to 157 of them.

Latest posts

Back