so back to recounting my joopacabra build.
well I have been working late this week so the jeep is coming along kind of slowly. and of course I continue to do dumb things which slow me down.
monday I had to work very late so I did not get anything done and yesterday I only had about an hour to work on the jeep. so we started to run the wiring harness. I tell you this kit from hesco is awesome everything is pretty easy to do. the wiring harness is very straight forward. I made most of the connections in that hour.
we installed the Diode into the field wire of the alternator.
then hooked up all the sensors. the CPS is supposed to have a little paper wafer on it that sets the gap. I could not see any paper wafer but it said in the instructions to push the CPS right up against the harmonic balancer which I did.
then I ran the harness back to the transmission and hooked up the new speed sensor.
on back to the fuel pump. in the instructions it says make sure you know which terminal is positive and which is negative because it is very difficult to see once installed.... I read this little piece of advice after I had it installed of course. so out comes my handy dandy iphone which can get in places my head can't and has a zoom function.
I have found I use that trick a lot. when I could not read what my paint code was on my mustang I just took a pic of it and zoomed it out. if I need to see something under the dash where I can't get my fat head, pic. very useful tool.
anyway I got the fuel pump wired. coated it with dielectric grease per the instructions.
now I had to buy a different downpipe for the exhaust that has an o2 sensor in it. I found the right piece at napa. I had to cut it and it will have to be fabbed back to the catalytic converter. I think I will just run it over to the exhaust shop and let him deal with it. my welder needs to be replaced one of these days. Dad keeps talking about buying one. hopefully he will or else I am going to hopefully this summer.
once I got the exhaust pipe in place I installed the new o2 sensor and wired it up. then I completed the fuel connections by cutting the pressure hard line and splicing it to the new fuel line with a short piece of fuel injection grade rubber hose.
all hoses on the pressure side of the fuel pump are fuel injection grade and double hose clamped.
then I went back up top and hooked the constant 12 volt wire to the starter relay.
the switched twelve volt supply to the yellow wire that went to the old coil.
the ground went to the dipstick hold down bolt.
neutral safety switch wire to the ground wire on the starter relay.
with all the wires connected I hooked the battery back up, turned the key on and purged the fuel lines through the schrader valve