last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to also realize this is his business, if it's not profitable it will probably not stick around. From a business standpoint it makes sense.

Talkfirearms.com. It was built as Glock Forum was sinking when they sold it to communists and destroyed it. We set it up, Keith said I will help you establish and take care of all costs associated for my former loyal customers. Well, that lasted less than 2 years so I guess loyalty has a shelf life?

I watched HRT span off a bunch of forums and it looked like for a while things grew. Then traffic slowed. To me, cost of keeping a bunch of little sites or the cost of running a large site isn't justified. But, I'm a roofer, not a webmaster, so what the Heck do I know. Seems like Facebook, youtube and all the unsocial sites have had a detremential effect on web based sites. I hate to see some of our sites disappear cause I'm an old fart who doesn't like change.

I belong to City Data forum. It has several million members and thousands of posts a day and it has no advertising. I have no idea how it pays the bills.

I like individual forums myself. If I want pros I that's where you will find them. If you want handymen you will get them at repair talk.

I still think there is a market for forums but not hugely profitable unless you dont care about it. I've been using some groups on social media but it is way easier to search a forum for info.

Talkfirearms.com. It was built as Glock Forum was sinking when they sold it to communists and destroyed it. We set it up, Keith said I will help you establish and take care of all costs associated for my former loyal customers. Well, that lasted less than 2 years so I guess loyalty has a shelf life?

That's not how I see it. I offered to get that online for the exodus with a clear understanding it was a business decision as I've incurred thousands of dollars in costs from that site. It was presented that it was going to be an group effort to get old members/new members but after I spent the funds to get it online, it all fizzled out so quickly and just a handful actually tried to recruit members/grow it. I posted repeatedly about that. If they just wanted a forum to chit-chat in the Moderator forum, go get on Facebook/Slack/reddit, etc. but I invested money with the clear understanding growth was going to be a goal and it turned out that was not true, there wasn't even an attempt by core people who presented that. Then I posted for yall to take over the site and the response I got was "shut it down" from you and Scott saying he could host it but wouldn't because he was too busy. So neither of the Admins seemed to care much. So I find offense to the loyalty jab. I honored my end but it turned into a private chat-room for just a couple of people who had no intention on growing the site and made decisions that made growth impossible even though that was the agreement.

Last edited:
We can keep this forum online if yall really want. I put this forum up myself and will keep hosting it. My thread was more saying there are other platforms for chatting that are as good if not better then a stand alone forum. But if yall love this site as-is, I'm fine to keep incurring it.

Keith, there are a few of us who enjoy the banter and the occasional build thread mustanggarage puts up. It a nice place to come and share a joke or share what's happening in our lives. We do understand what things look like from a business point of view. If it makes more sense to shut the doors, do it. If it's not a financial burden to keep it, we'd love to hang around here. No hard feelings whatever you decide.

Latest posts

Back