last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sun Set This evening

ss2 a.jpg

That's the only way to do it, I've dealt with operators that could break an anvil.

Wish I could get out there to help you but I have a little car with a 2000lb tow rating, just my tool box and a trailer would max that out, not counting my furniture and the rest of my shit. LOL.
Talking about maintenance, I had a brake shoe hang up on my way home from the mountains tonight. Had to pull the wheel off and keep going. When people tried to flag me down I just pretended I lost my wheel and then drove faster

Make sure you get one with a hemi in it. I absolutely love mine. Plenty of power and only thing I'd change is, I wish I had a crew cab instead of the quad cab. But with the crew cab you get a shorter bed.
You can get the longer short bed with the crew cab, I have one. I have to have a 6 foot bed for the tax write off so the 5'6" bed wouldn't work. I believe mine is 6'4".

If I were to buy the 1500 again I would get the hemi. The ecodiesel is nice but I dont see any real benefit for the extra 6k I spent except I pay more for fuel and get a little better mileage.

I bought a new Dodge pickup in 1988. By 1990, with almost 50,000 miles, it was worn out. Only one who would take it as a trade-in was the Dodge dealer. Traded it for a car. By 1992, the car was junk. Sold it at a loss. I had a good Dodge cargo van later on and a Dodge Caravan that was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. But those 80s, early 90s models were crap.

I bought a new Dodge pickup in 1988. By 1990, with almost 50,000 miles, it was worn out. Only one who would take it as a trade-in was the Dodge dealer. Traded it for a car. By 1992, the car was junk. Sold it at a loss. I had a good Dodge cargo van later on and a Dodge Caravan that was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. But those 80s, early 90s models were crap.

When I worked for Ronnie the trucks with the most problems were Ford's also those were the trucks with the most motor changes followed by GM trucks. In my time with him we never changed a Dodge hemi motor.

There's no doubt of the Japanese influence on the American auto industry regarding quality and longevity. I had a 1977 Plymouth Volare station wagon that had more paint than metal. Swore I'd NEVER own another Chrysler product. Now days, all the mfgs have a pretty good product in trucks. One things for sure, they are not shy in pricing them, that's for sure.

Never had a Ford with a bad motor. Most flooring installers use Ford vans because it is 12' 2" between the back door and the dog house. Chevy was always about 11' 10" and Dodge around 11" 9". So Ford was the only one you could load a roll of carpet in and close the door. My Ford box truck had 325,000 miles and was still running when I got rid of it, because it got lousy gas mileage. Didn't matter when gas was cheap.

My current Ford work van has 230,000 on a 302 and doesn't use any oil. Gets close to 20 MPG too.

There's no doubt of the Japanese influence on the American auto industry regarding quality and longevity. I had a 1977 Plymouth Volare station wagon that had more paint than metal. Swore I'd NEVER own another Chrysler product. Now days, all the mfgs have a pretty good product in trucks. One things for sure, they are not shy in pricing them, that's for sure.

Toyota is definitely proud of there trucks.

Toyota has some of the best vehicles. From 65-69 when they first came here, they had a metric version of the Chevy 235 with a 2 speed power glide. I was a Toyota certified mechanic from 70-72. Those early years, their motors were junk. I averaged changing heads on 3 cars a day because the valves would go with under 12,000 miles.

Never had a Ford with a bad motor. Most flooring installers use Ford vans because it is 12' 2" between the back door and the dog house. Chevy was always about 11' 10" and Dodge around 11" 9". So Ford was the only one you could load a roll of carpet in and close the door. My Ford box truck had 325,000 miles and was still running when I got rid of it, because it got lousy gas mileage. Didn't matter when gas was cheap.

My current Ford work van has 230,000 on a 302 and doesn't use any oil. Gets close to 20 MPG too.

Most of the Ford trucks we did motor changes on were the newer ones with the variable vavle timing, 4.6 v8.

Most of the Ford trucks we did motor changes on were the newer ones with the variable vavle timing, 4.6 v8.
And those V 10s were junk. Head bolts and spark plugs blowing out were common. So were electrical problems.

Latest posts

Back