WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drove the XJ to work today.

Fucking 87 percent humidity and 93 degrees, I gots the swamp ass today.

Fucking 87 percent humidity and 93 degrees, I gots the swamp ass today.

Called my dad today, he lives in Jacksonville FL, he said it was 97 and pouring but the humidity wasn't that bad. Told him he can keep it.

On the heart transplant list, pretty sure he is stuck with the one he has. Who is going to give a new heart to a 69 year old man who doesn't take care of himself. He went home a week or so ago and is still his grumpy self. Heart is working at about 30% and lungs at 50%, who knows if I will see him again. It was his birthday today. He seemed more down and out than normal, i think his unhealthyness is finally really hitting him. I couldn't get him to eat a single healthy meal in the five weeks he was here, just kept telling me they cleaned him out good so he is good to go for another 15 years.

Got to lay in the bed you made I guess. Sure teaches me to do things differently. I'm in my mid 30's and don't have much for family left anymore. Makes you rethink priorities. Always been so focused on not being the broke ass I grew up as that I am sure I have missed a lot of stuff, I don't want to mis my kids growing up because I am trying to make a buck.

That and eating unhealthy is just as bad or worse for you than smoking or drinking. Me dad lived off gas station and fast food for most of his life. It caught up. He should have learned when his dad died at 51 from a heart attack.

I hear ya there.
Its a struggle but I try to not eat a lot of junk and get fat.
My job is so irregular thag its hard sometimes to eat well.

20160614_084037.jpg
Bad morning,hit a Medium pressure gas line that was un-marked and 4 other utilities that were mis-marked by 15',not a good start when you have a 100 yards of concrete on the road.

I spent my last four days looking for a job ... been getting "thanks but no thanks" letters so far. The company I was working for (last 7 months) put me on a 2-month vacation till things get better .. most of the guys and gals I was working with were given permanent vacations.

Safest place when you hit a gas line is right there at the break. That is if it didn't explode when you hit it.

I have taken out a few of those.

What are you guys doing in the road?

I spent my last four days looking for a job ... been getting "thanks but no thanks" letters so far. The company I was working for (last 7 months) put me on a 2-month vacation till things get better .. most of the guys and gals I was working with were given permanent vacations.

What sort of work are you good at?

Latest posts

Back