last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my guys have cost a couple grand since Wednesday. Messed up on a concrete prep that cost me 1700 in extra concrete then took out a 500 dump truck tire with a tractor. And these are just the things I know about.

So my guys have cost a couple grand since Wednesday. Messed up on a concrete prep that cost me 1700 in extra concrete then took out a 500 dump truck tire with a tractor. And these are just the things I know about.
$2,200 in just a couple of days, That you know about... now tell us again why you continue with these butt-heads?

I have spent the last 5 days cleaning and re-organizing my Garage. Yes it took five days to get everything put away and EVERYTHING cleaned !!!
I still have a little to do but I will finish it today.

Oh, by the way, I had no offer of help. In fact IIRC... she only came back there twice to 'see' what I was doing.
She was busy planting a 1" trunk, about 5' tall stick of a Redbud tree and watering her garden and other plants around the property. She even dug the 'entire' hole by herself, took about four days.

PXL_20220517_144600980.jpg
PXL_20220523_150510031~2.jpg
PXL_20220526_171730616~2.jpg

I thought that hole was for ken?
That ground is super hard and rocky... it took me several mornings to dig the hole and another morning to plant the tree. That pick ax probably weighs almost half as much as I do... at least it felt like it did 🤣

I thought that hole was for ken?

For that she would be digging many years, many years...….

Our 'ground' if you want to call it that is very resistant to being dug in... extremely hard, compact, and full of rocks!

$2,200 in just a couple of days, That you know about... now tell us again why you continue with these butt-heads?
Well, the hiring pool is not what it used to be. Between that and wages so inflated the good guys are at the big companies here. It's a different world than when I was in California. There it seemed I could steal a guy or find one. Here it's damn near impossible.

So I went to depot today to grab some garage cabinets and a bench. Depot doesn't stock the white cabinets anymore so I went to lowes, they stock crappy small ones. Ended up buying white kitchen cabinets and a counter top. Cost me 1200 bucks for 6 feet of cabinets, counter and upper cabinets. Things are getting way to expensive.

Latest posts

Back