last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So these are following me home. The museum I do work for was going to scrap them because they are out of room and to lazy to find a home for them. Gave them a few hundred bucks a piece for them. What should I do with them? I could probably make a few bucks selling them but they are kinda cool.View attachment 6885
Paint the logo of the Ice Cream Shop on one and park it in town.

So I see in the construction world things are slowing down fast. Buckle your seat belts for a downward trend. We went from not being able to keep up to finding stuff to do. The residential side is still going strong. For now. I believe we have crest the top and are heading down

So I sent my foreman and operator to go move a shed on a school project we are working on. It's an 8x12 shed. They have a skid steer that can lift 5k and has 6 foot forks. They brought beams for bracing. They have been gone for 4 hours and now call saying they don't think they can move it. They sent me pictures and there is nothing in the way and no reason it's can't be moved. I'm sick of this crap

Couple trade guys I know have downsized their operations. A guy who had a company that laid block and brick building shopping centers, now just him and his son doing masonry restoration. A guy who had several crews doing HVAC for upper end installs, now it's just him and a helper. Another electrician cut back from several crews to him and an helper. Their making almost as much with much less headaches. Finding and keeping good help is the common thread amount all. I'm so glad I don't slay those dragons anymore.

Couple trade guys I know have downsized their operations. A guy who had a company that laid block and brick building shopping centers, now just him and his son doing masonry restoration. A guy who had several crews doing HVAC for upper end installs, now it's just him and a helper. Another electrician cut back from several crews to him and an helper. Their making almost as much with much less headaches. Finding and keeping good help is the common thread amount all. I'm so glad I don't slay those dragons anymore.
The last 10 years that I installed, I worked alone and kept as busy as I wanted. If you have help, you don't have to make twice as much, you have to make at least 3 times as much.

It's a catch, I do fine working alone and make decent money. With crews there is that potential to make really good money. It's almost never worth it but hey I get free headaches. I've been striving for an early retirement so I'll probably get hit by a bus right before I retire

It's a catch, I do fine working alone and make decent money. With crews there is that potential to make really good money. It's almost never worth it but hey I get free headaches. I've been striving for an early retirement so I'll probably get hit by a bus right before I retire
Or be like me, retire and then get hit with numerous health problems,

Latest posts

Back