last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post election storage...
20201116_123629.jpg

Chris,
Someone on Plumbing Forums wants to know what is the horizontal pipe on the lower right, and what is its purpose? A vacuum breaker?

View attachment 5002
Thats a typical RPDA device (reduced pressure detection assembly) different from a backflow device, this will bleed off pressure if the private side is higher than the supply side. That chingadera on the lower right must be a thingamajig because I have no idea what it is.

That plumbing job looks like an abortion.
First problem is no dielectric unions to stop electrolysis from the dissimilar metals. Supposed to use brass parts or copper with that device. Other than that, that is code for how they are built in a non freezing climate.

Thats a typical RPDA device (reduced pressure detection assembly) different from a backflow device, this will bleed off pressure if the private side is higher than the supply side. That chingadera on the lower right must be a thingamajig because I have no idea what it is.
Never seen one with a shutoff on both sides

Morning all. I posted Chris' response onto the Plumbing Forums, since everyone seemed to just scratch their heads.
Ill eventually get back over there, need to update my email so I get notifications

Latest posts

Back