last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh battery is dead on the Chrysler. So I can either take half the stuff apart under the hood or pull the right front wheel to charge it. I hate that car.

I know he's good at sniffing.

downloadfile.png

Ugh battery is dead on the Chrysler. So I can either take half the stuff apart under the hood or pull the right front wheel to charge it. I hate that car.

Try a Porsche Cayenne !
My Cayenne S has the battery UNDER THE FRONT SEAT... you have to take the seat completely loose and out of the way to access the lid to the battery box, once that is off then you have to remove the cables from the battery and try to pull the battery up and out where there is NO room to get even a finger to the side of it... you need a strap that goes on the posts to pull it out.
BUT, to get the seat out you have to first move it all the way forward to get to the rear 'special double square' head bolts, then move it all the way back to get to the front seat rail 'special double square' head bolts to be able to get the damn seat up and out of the way. No big deal, right? Well BS, think about it the seats are ONLY operated by a servo motor... from the battery... if the battery is dead... it doesn't move! So there are 'posts' under a cover in the engine bay (for jump starting)... take off the cover and put a power source on those posts to move the damn seat back and forth. Great German engineering!!!
Rant Over !

Try a Porsche Cayenne !
My Cayenne S has the battery UNDER THE FRONT SEAT... you have to take the seat completely loose and out of the way to access the lid to the battery box, once that is off then you have to remove the cables from the battery and try to pull the battery up and out where there is NO room to get even a finger to the side of it... you need a strap that goes on the posts to pull it out.
BUT, to get the seat out you have to first move it all the way forward to get to the rear 'special double square' head bolts, then move it all the way back to get to the front seat rail 'special double square' head bolts to be able to get the damn seat up and out of the way. No big deal, right? Well BS, think about it the seats are ONLY operated by a servo motor... from the battery... if the battery is dead... it doesn't move! So there are 'posts' under a cover in the engine bay (for jump starting)... take off the cover and put a power source on those posts to move the damn seat back and forth. Great German engineering!!!
Rant Over !
Back in the 70s, some VWs had an electric clutch. If the battery died, it was sruck in gear.

Latest posts

Back