last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who gets a job with no way to get to work?

Hired a new guy last week. Decent worker. In my ad it states you must have a license and a way to work. He got to work the first day then i found out he didn't have a car. I had one of my guys pick him up the next day because it was convenient. Today he expected my guy to pick him up. My guy lives an hour from this guy. He just text me and said he couldn't get a ride to work today. This is annoying
Wasn't unusual; in my trade. Every installer/helper I know is an alcoholic.

Wasn't unusual; in my trade. Every installer/helper I know is an alcoholic.
Same with ours. I dont put up with drugs or alcohol. If I dont know thats fine but its hard to hide it from me.

So I was at the gas station a little bit ago fueling up my dump truck when a girl gets out of the car next to me wearing tge tiniest bikini top and bottom that I have seen. Needless to say it took a long time to fuel my truck

Same with ours. I dont put up with drugs or alcohol. If I dont know thats fine but its hard to hide it from me.
Best helper I ever had was a drunk. But from 8 am to 2 pm he could put out more work than anyone I ever saw. After 2, he was worthless. Most of the time we would have a house done by 2. Always felt sorry for his wife and kids. They moved every time the rent came due and he was well paid. Always gave him 1/3 of the labor and I paid expenses out of my 2/3. All the jobs were mine, so I figured I should make more. Back in the 80s he was making $500 a week or more.
I always said he could smell beer around 2.

Last edited:
Cut our yard yesterday, cutting the other house tomorrow. Never thought that 2 years after we gave our daughter that house, I would still be cutting the yard.
Tilt trailer makes me nervous. Last time it stuck and I drove off it backwards.

Maybe you need to leave her a lawnmower as a hint.
I gave her a new push mower for the house she lives in. My 15 year old grandson was supposed to cut both of them. But has taken on several small yards that pay him. We just bought him a new weedeater.
Only takes about an hour to cut it but, loading and unloading the trailer and driving there takes longer than cutting it.

I gave her a new push mower for the house she lives in. My 15 year old grandson was supposed to cut both of them. But has taken on several small yards that pay him. We just bought him a new weedeater.
Only takes about an hour to cut it but, loading and unloading the trailer and driving there takes longer than cutting it.

Sounds like a come to Jesus talk is in order.

Good Morning

I will probably do the same thing today as yesterday.

Nothing.
Unless I feel like doing something.

Latest posts

Back