Thought of the day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20230906-163813.png

...and we know who has to reload the dishwasher !!!!
Can I guess who is the coon on crack?
Couldn't be Ken, I can't imagine him doing dishes.

Imagine Again..
She is worse than a "coon on crack", I have to reload it from her Charlie Manson Helter Skelter ways. I also plan, prep and cook better than 80% of meals and rinse off the dishes bowl utensils and pans and load the dishwasher as I cook. I also clean the stove, over 2 hours yesterday and clean the countertops! The pantry, freezer and fridge are 90% filled by me with exception of the "organic" junk she gets for herself. I also do all my own laundry. Then fix whatever is broken, like two days ago fixed a shoe of hers that the sole that was flopping half off the shoe.

She feeds the dogs and picks up their shit. And waters the 80 some plants that had to be planted.

...and we know who has to reload the dishwasher !!!!

Imagine Again..
She is worse than a "coon on crack", I have to reload it from her Charlie Manson Helter Skelter ways. I also plan, prep and cook better than 80% of meals and rinse off the dishes bowl utensils and pans and load the dishwasher as I cook. I also clean the stove, over 2 hours yesterday and clean the countertops! The pantry, freezer and fridge are 90% filled by me with exception of the "organic" junk she gets for herself. I also do all my own laundry. Then fix whatever is broken, like two days ago fixed a shoe of hers that the sole that was flopping half off the shoe.

She feeds the dogs and picks up their shit. And waters the 80 some plants that had to be planted.
I was just kidding. I do all laundry, dishes and trash here and some of the cooking. And all of the other housework, plus all of the yardwork and I take care of her dog and my son's cat. I also pump all the gas and wash the cars. I am also redoing her antique dining room chairs.

You need a couple of slave workers !

I do 85 to 90% of the yard work, feed and care for the dogs, all the vacuuming, the tile floor cleaning machine, the dusting, taking out the garbage, emptying the dishwasher, other assorted housework, and do the dishes when he cooks. Ken's back and knee keeps him from doing most of that so I leave deep cleaning the kitchen, stovetop, and counters and his laundry to him.

I do the outside, she does the inside. We split cooking in half, and both of us clean after cooking. She buys the day to day groceries, and I pick up the Costco, Sam's Club and Home Depot costs. She buys her gas, I buy mine. She collects the monthly bills, divides the cost in half, and I pay my half, she pays hers. We don't co-mingle our money. She pays insurance on her car, with me as an alternate driver, I pay insurance for my two cars, with her as an alternate driver. When we go out to dinner, she pays one night, I pay the next night, regardless if the meal was at a 5 star restaurant, or In-N-Out.

Thinking about it, I'm guessing it costs us an extra $1000 a year to have two auto insurance policies. I should look into merging them as one policy.

I do the outside, she does the inside. We split cooking in half, and both of us clean after cooking. She buys the day to day groceries, and I pick up the Costco, Sam's Club and Home Depot costs. She buys her gas, I buy mine. She collects the monthly bills, divides the cost in half, and I pay my half, she pays hers. We don't co-mingle our money. She pays insurance on her car, with me as an alternate driver, I pay insurance for my two cars, with her as an alternate driver. When we go out to dinner, she pays one night, I pay the next night, regardless if the meal was at a 5 star restaurant, or In-N-Out.

Thinking about it, I'm guessing it costs us an extra $1000 a year to have two auto insurance policies. I should look into merging them as one policy.
We merged ours, I pay for all three and it is about the same price I was paying for mine alone. We all have our own bills. Our autistic son gets disability and pays his share out of it.

Our money is separate. The bills are split just about equally. He pays the house payment, and the electric and gas which are of course really low with the solar and it doesn't get very cold here in winter. He buys most groceries but I buy my expensive food that I like. I also buy all the dog food and pay their vet bills. I pay the rest of the bills like Verizon, internet, garbage, insurance for all vehicles, DirecTV plus I've taken over paying major home stuff like the new fence, roof, well pump replacement etc. I'm dreading our 25 year old gas pack going out. We replaced the smaller one but the bigger one we've had repaired a few times. I also dread when the exterior of this place needs painting 😫

My house needs painting but i want to do an addition so im trying to hold out. Hoping for a crash in the economy to make it cheaper. I paid off the house a couple years ago. She pays all the house bills and food i pay everything else. We have seperate and joint money. Luckily my business and her business do well enough we dont worry to much about who pays what. Everything gets paid and there is some left over so thats a win.

Sometimes memories just pop up in my head.

We did a lot of craft shows for years. There was these two brothers who did a lot of wood carving that I got to know. Bib overalls, flannel shirts, figured they were just hayseeds. One day I asked Maynard, really his name, what did you do before you retired? He said, have you heard of Almogordo, New Mexico? I said yes. He said he worked there, setting up the computers for the nuclear weapons program. Yep, I felt like an idiot.
To be fair though, they had no running water and no electricity on their farm. They washed their clothes with well water and hung them on a tree to dry.

Latest posts

Back