last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a cashier at home depot try and tell me how to do my roof penetration for my vent line because he used to do HVAC for a living. Told how so many times he would drill his holes and the one through the roof would be a foot off. I asked if that is why he doesn't do HVAC anymore and he didn't want to talk to me after that.

Don't get me started on HVAC guys screwing up roofs. They don't get the call when there's a problem. Their soluition is glob on silicone caulk. Never, never, never use silicone caulk for a roof repair...ever!

In the wrong trade.

Baylor's Matt Rhule to be Panthers' next coach, gets 7-year, $60 million deal

Caulk or sealants need to be comparable to the surface they're applied to. There's very few one product fixes all available, silicone isn't one. Roofing cement should not be applied exposed to UV.
Question, on my furnace vent through my tpo roof, do you use a metal flashing or one if those tpo ones? I'm waiting on my roofer to get back to me but am curious

Sounds like a fun weekend. 2-4 inches of rain, then ice, then 3-5 inches of snow.
High Friday 65, high Sat. 28

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun weekend. 2-4 inches of rain, then ice, then 3-5 inches of snow.
High Friday 65, high Sat. 28
We are supposed to get a few inches of snow here. I'm scrambling to get things done before surgery day. I'm not ready.

Latest posts

Back