last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish we had real weather. All we get is morning clouds, then moderately hot in the day. At least it cools down in the evening, where we can turn on the whole house fan and suck out the hot air. I think we've only had the A/C on twice this year, for a total of about 10 minutes.

Morning, we had 60 mph winds and rain for an hour or two at 1am. Blew all our iron patio furniture away. Took all the dead branches out of the trees.

I wish we had real weather. All we get is morning clouds, then moderately hot in the day. At least it cools down in the evening, where we can turn on the whole house fan and suck out the hot air. I think we've only had the A/C on twice this year, for a total of about 10 minutes.
Whole house fans are great!
I open the house up every morning to cool it down so the air conditioning doesn't need to kick on until 1pm or later depending on how hot it gets that day. With the ceiling fans on I keep the AC set at 78 and it feels nice since we have no humidity here.

Newport Beach Trump boat parade
20240609_140012.jpg
20240609_135909.jpg

My son took my grandson to havasu for 4 days. Boat broke down so I responded "oh well".

He then said the Blazer broke down, needs batteries, the heat ate the couches.

Here is his reply...

Shit
New carb $500
Plastic oil reservoir $100
Batteries $700
Stereo $700
Impeller $75
Labor (none)
And possibly $2000 for couches

Ouch! An expensive 4 day weekend!

Where is that recliner that it could have disintegrated from the heat?

My son took my grandson to havasu for 4 days. Boat broke down so I responded "oh well".

He then said the Blazer broke down, needs batteries, the heat ate the couches.

Here is his reply...

Shit
New carb $500
Plastic oil reservoir $100
Batteries $700
Stereo $700
Impeller $75
Labor (none)
And possibly $2000 for couches
I would respond, "oh well".

Beautiful evening here. 70 degrees, sun is starting to go down. Slight breeze. It took a few years to get used to it getting dark at 1030 pm.

He turns off the a/c when he leaves. I would put it at 95⁰. He pays the bills now, so his call.
Gotta weigh your options, pay the bill or replace things. Same goes for heat in freezing climates

Latest posts

Back