last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning, supposed to be 83 today, hottest day of the year. Was 63 yesterday.

Hey Barrie. I can't win. I was sick and the heat index was mid 90s yesterday. Today, T storms all day. Can't get the brush loaded. Still sick, anyway.

I've met some people who have been here all there lives and don't care for the heat and humidity.

I grew up in Missory… at 12yo, I swore I would get out of there... busted my ass off playing ball, KCMO School district, (independence, mo)
Freshman year; 2 games on freshman team... moved to jr varsity team, one game there... moved to the varsity team halfway thru my freshman year... school record in tackles my first year, as a freshman!
Sophomore year; All City Team, HM All State
Junior Year; All City, All State... visited by three college recruiters
Senior Year; All City, All State, HM All American Team... Five college recruiters, two "FULL-RIDE scholarship" offers
BTW: there were over 1600 in my Sr class, it was NOT a small school... A Lot of Competition for a Team slot !!!!!
FYI: my father layed carpet for a living, my mother was a seamstress in a clothing factory... there was No Chance of any money for college !!!! none!!!
This is what I was WORKING for... My Get the fuck Out of Missouri ticket. I'll be damned that the Best offer was from, you guessed it Missouri !!!! go Tigers...
A month before my second semester... A GD draft Notice! Yes, I did have a '2s student deferment' but this was before the LOTTERY, so if the Board you were in had to send people to fill the 'quota' you went !!!!
I wasn't going to be drafted. I enlisted with a couple of friends, signed on a contract for Ranger School eligibility... any fucking thing to get out of Missouri. So, guess where I was sent for Basic training... GDMFing Ft Leonard Wood (mo.) Finally got out of that damn state for AIT (advanced individual training) to Ft Ord, Ca. Then qualified for Airborne school and the Ranger school, Ft Benning, Ga., then a Survival/Escape/Evasion at Ft Polk La. Even all that HELL (and it was) was better than being in Missery…. Back to Benning for a couple weeks then to VN, was there for just over 2yrs 10months and two wks... straight! Yeah, that is wanting to get the fuck away from Mo. really bad.

Last edited:
Met a guy at the LA County Fair last night who makes wood CNC and CAD wooden signs, flags, virtually anything. He was from Branson, Missouri, freshly transplanted from Los Angeles. He loves it there but says if never snows. Is this true?

Met a guy at the LA County Fair last night who makes wood CNC and CAD wooden signs, flags, virtually anything. He was from Branson, Missouri, freshly transplanted from Los Angeles. He loves it there but says if never snows. Is this true?
It snows in Branson. Usually just 1-2 inches at a time.

I grew up in Missory… at 12yo, I swore I would get out of there... busted my ass off playing ball, KCMO School district, (independence, mo)
Freshman year; 2 games on freshman team... moved to jr varsity team, one game there... moved to the varsity team halfway thru my freshman year... school record in tackles my first year, as a freshman!
Sophomore year; All City Team, HM All State
Junior Year; All City, All State... visited by three college recruiters
Senior Year; All City, All State, HM All American Team... Five college recruiters, two "FULL-RIDE scholarship" offers
BTW: there were over 1600 in my Sr class, it was NOT a small school... A Lot of Competition for a Team slot !!!!!
FYI: my father layed carpet for a living, my mother was a seamstress in a clothing factory... there was No Chance of any money for college !!!! none!!!
This is what I was WORKING for... My Get the fuck Out of Missouri ticket. I'll be damned that the Best offer was from, you guessed it Missouri !!!! go Tigers...
A month before my second semester... A GD draft Notice! Yes, I did have a '2s student deferment' but this was before the LOTTERY, so if the Board you were in had to send people to fill the 'quota' you went !!!!
I wasn't going to be drafted. I enlisted with a couple of friends, signed on a contract for Ranger School eligibility... any fucking thing to get out of Missouri. So, guess where I was sent for Basic training... GDMFing Ft Leonard Wood (mo.) Finally got out of that damn state for AIT (advanced individual training) to Ft Ord, Ca. Then qualified for Airborne school and the Ranger school, Ft Benning, Ga., then a Survival/Escape/Evasion at Ft Polk La. Even all that HELL (and it was) was better than being in Missery…. Back to Benning for a couple weeks then to VN, was there for just over 2yrs 10months and two wks... straight! Yeah, that is wanting to get the fuck away from Mo. really bad.
Hey Ken, why is Fort Lost in the Woods, hotter than the rest of the state in summer and colder than the rest of the state in the winter? I was there in the summer for basic and back there, in the winter, just before I got out. On the way out, I dumped all my army stuff, uniforms etc, in a dumpster.

Hey Ken, why is Fort Lost in the Woods, hotter than the rest of the state in summer and colder than the rest of the state in the winter? I was there in the summer for basic and back there, in the winter, just before I got out. On the way out, I dumped all my army stuff, uniforms etc, in a dumpster.

That is why the army built it there, no one else wanted the land... it is actually the asshole of the State !

Well I joined the Army like my dad and grandfather, got in a major car accident a few weeks before I was supposed to go, they wanted me to try again when I was better and I guess I never did. I guess the almighty had different plans for me. Now I break my back for people who would replace me in a heartbeat.

Other than that we are having a monsoon type weather thing, lightning, wing thunder and warm. Kinda neat in these parts. Been working on planting a garden all day.

Latest posts

Back