last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So today !

Well a month or so back I bought a 'Plasma Cutter'... I just decided today to try it out, just bored I guess.

I have to tell you it was a blast !!! I have a parts car for SLIMER, (the Mopar drag car) today I made quick work of it !!! I wasn't certain how the Cutter would work, never used one before, but within ten minutes I just couldn't stop. I don't know if any of you have ever used one but damn it was fun.... I cut that car up like you cant believe, and very very very cleanly. I cut off the top, the quarter panels, the entire front end, door posts, inner assemblies, front cowl, everything down to the floor pans. The best part is the cuts were like surgery, about a sixteenth of an inch just perfectly, it's like using a laser!

I had no idea it would be this easy, now I want to find other things to use it on... I just can't tell you how well it went through the metal, the frame wasn't even a challenge for it, straight and clean!!!

The reason I got it was I'm altering the frame under SLIMER, big changes in the back, the current rear 9" axel is the width of a stock Mopar 8.75, about 53" flange to flange. I have a new Mark Williams 9" with 4:11 gears a Locker and it is 48" wide, the reason is I'm going to really Tub the back end and redo all the suspension. There were what I would call mini tubs in it now, but I'm taking them to 18" to fit the tires going back under it, which means I have to re make the rear frame to get it all under it. Should be a fun project. I'm also doing away with the torsion bar front end and going coil-over front and back. I was hesitating to start the chopping it up, but now I can't hardly wait knowing how easily and cleanly and precisely the cutting can be done!

Just thought I would share about the new toy, the Plasma Cutter !!!! I'm not sure how I ever did these things before, ….a cutting torch, Sawzall, side grinders w/ metal cutting blades.... this thing is SOOOOoooooo much easier, cleaner and precise !!!!

I have one now that will cut 3/4" inch thick. Pretty awesome magic that's locked up in there, you will not on most that on thicker material it will cut at an angle from the air being pushed around the internal tip. Sure is a handy tool. I'm saying the same thing about my metal lathe that I'm teaching myself how to use.

BLT's and pasta salad for dinner, no laser cutter here, nothing new, watching the grass grow and waiting for our new normal to begin... Can't hardly wait...

Morning all, have to head to the mountains to dig snow. Idiot customer didn't do any snow maintenance this year and now their cabin is about to be crushed.

I'd rather not go. 4 hours drive time to fo a 30 minute job

Went and looked at doing some gutter and sub fascia repair on a ranch style house this morning that I'll start next week. Meeting a contractor at noon to do an inspection on a wood shake roof that they have not been able to stop a leak around a chimney. First calls I've had in a month to look at stuff.

Went and looked at doing some gutter and sub fascia repair on a ranch style house this morning that I'll start next week. Meeting a contractor at noon to do an inspection on a wood shake roof that they have not been able to stop a leak around a chimney. First calls I've had in a month to look at stuff.

Be careful Tom.

Latest posts

Back