Gauge Cluster Light Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vindicated

Resident Miscreant
Reaction score
So here's a weird issue. The gauge cluster lights do not work, but all the instruments work as do the warning lights. Also, the lights on my HVAC controls are out too. I have checked all the fuses and determined nothing is blown.

I have pulled the dash and looked for loose grounds, but honestly, it was a cluster **** of wires back there, and I have no idea what I am looking for. I was jiggling wires around and my airbag light started flashing, so I quit while I was ahead.

Anyone have any ideas what to check next? I am at a loss.

*** 2006 Jeep Wrangler X, 4.0.

DId you check the bulbs? I think they twist and pull out.

Also, which HVAC control do you have? It is the one with dials? I might have one laying around, if I didn't throw it away a few years ago.

DId you check the bulbs? I think they twist and pull out.

Also, which HVAC control do you have? It is the one with dials? I might have one laying around, if I didn't throw it away a few years ago.

Yeah, the dial knobs. I didn't check the bulbs which sounds stupid, but I thought it was weird 2 different spots went out at the same time and that it couldn't be the bulbs.

Here's another weird hint. When I would turn on the blower to 4, the dash lights would come back on. Eventually though they just stopped coming on all together.

Have you tried reading Ohms on the ground circuit? A lot easier than tracing wires..

Kinda what I said regarding I don't even know how to identify the ground circuit. Like no joke, I don't do electrical stuff. I guess I would need a book at this point.

But thanks everyone! :)

Last edited:
Kinda what I said regarding I don't even know how to identify the ground circuit. Like no joke, I don't do electrical stuff. I guess I would need a book at this point.

But thanks everyone! :)

My bad, I misunderstood what you mean. Thought you just couldn't trace the wire, but assumed you knew what was what..

Latest posts

Back