last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windy here this evening. Today I poured concrete for my pump house, then went to my shop in town a welded up a screen for my pond pick up tube then got a call my brother's cows were out so I had to go get them and bring them to my house since he's out of town and I have no interest in fixing his fences. Then I had to go move a tractor and now I'm home, showered and having a cocktail.

Morning all, two of my daughters are competing today in competition dance.

Now!
Good late morning to all.
So, 10 years ago, I gave my daughter my old Lexus SUV. She calls me last night at 11pm, saying she is broken down in North Long Beach, in a real bad neighborhood. She calls me to ask what to do.
Wouldn't you think at 39 years old, she would have learned basic automotive repair? Christ, she is a doctor working at a laboratory, but calls me to help her?
For God's sake bring back Auto Shop...Wood Shop...Metal Shop...Sewing into high schools!

Fortunately she has AAA. I told her to have the tow truck take her home and just drop the SUV off at the nearest Lexus dealer, and toss the keys into the overnight drop box. He said her radiator was blown, laughed at her saying it was not critical, and towed her home, drove it in the underground parking. She is calling a local shop 4 blocks away and driving it over....hopefully. Yeah, dear old dad has to get it fixed for her, but told her to replace all the hoses and go through the car, since everything is original in the 2007 SUV.

Fortunately she has AAA. I told her to have the tow truck take her home and just drop the SUV off at the nearest Lexus dealer, and toss the keys into the overnight drop box. He said her radiator was blown, laughed at her saying it was not critical, and towed her home, drove it in the underground parking. She is calling a local shop 4 blocks away and driving it over....hopefully. Yeah, dear old dad has to get it fixed for her, but told her to replace all the hoses and go through the car, since everything is original in the 2007 SUV.

Radiator not critical? LOL, I sure wouldn't want to buy a motor for a Lexus, radiator goes empty she could melt that aluminum motor into a lump of aluminum.

No kidding. I asked her to ask the driver exactly what was leaking. A heater hose, the radiator, the upper or lower hose? He couldn't care less. I sure as hell aren't going to drive 1 1/2 hours to deal with it.

No kidding. I asked her to ask the driver exactly what was leaking. A heater hose, the radiator, the upper or lower hose? He couldn't care less. I sure as hell aren't going to drive 1 1/2 hours to deal with it.

Don't blame you there, as long as she drives it as little as possible she shouldn't hurt it. It's very easy to warp the heads on a aluminum motor.

I live right in the middle of this mess.

tornados.PNG

Well, daughter poured a cup of water and the radiator was full. I told her to start it, to remove the bubble of air. No idiot lights came on. I told her to top off with water again, then made a mad dash to a local mechanic 4 blocks away. I Zelled her enough money to have the guy replace the hoses, the unibelt, the heater hoses, change the oil, and replace the radiator. I guess your kids will always be kids. You want them safe, regardless of how much it costs.
The topic of auto, wood, metal, seeing and cooking classes was brought up. I think it was a really dumb move to eliminate these needed classes, but now there are classes on how to perform fellatio how to receive anal sex, how to chop off your pee pee. Yeah, really important shit like that!

Oldest daughter got elite high gold on her soli dance and two group dances. Middle daughter got elite high gold on a group dance and a high gold on another group dance. Youngest has no interest in dancing. Thank God. Hopefully oldest can make a career out if it. She lives it. Middle only does it because oldest does but she is a perfectionist so she does well.

Latest posts

Back