last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, that would be a 'shart'
...not such a pleasureable experience

55x65 Detached garage 10' and 14' doors, 38x28 attached to house and a 16x24 stand alone for the Razor.
Do you find the 55 x 65 big enough? I have a 30x40 two story but it feels way to small. Going to add on and make it a 30 x 70 but I'm sure it will fill up quick. Tools are taking up most of my room.

Do you find the 55 x 65 big enough? I have a 30x40 two story but it feels way to small. Going to add on and make it a 30 x 70 but I'm sure it will fill up quick. Tools are taking up most of my room.

Make an apartment for me and I'll be there next weekend. LOL.

It was here, two years old, when we bought the place. It seemed large at the time and kind of was, ...but, the more you have the more you want. I also had a good amount of tools from my Mustang Restoration shop in the Denver area, a lot of tools and equipment.
It was unfinished on the inside when we bought it, I had it insulated, rocked, textured and painted just after we got it. It already had two Large evaporative coolers that do a fairly good job here, with our typical 5-15% RH. The ceiling is at 18 foot!
The attached is also a bit oversize at 28x38 and is all finished, with cabinets, countertops and a lot of wall pegboard. ! Leaves plenty of room in it. Kathy even had a new separate garage built for HER new razor!
I suppose if required, in reality the Large detached could be added to, there is plenty of room.
It isn't easy to find property like we have here in this area.
I first built a house south of here in Buckeye in 2010 to 'retire' to because there was just nothing or no way to find anything in this area (near Sedona). I fully retired in 2013. But kept looking for something up here, it took another three years of looking and waiting for what I have here to find a suitible place, 2016! We are, this area is, Land-locked because we are centered and surounded by over 8 million acres of national forest, and near every inch was built out years ago. Yet we are in a 'rual code area', which is great to not have to deal with so many restrictions of the cities'. The house where we are was an orignal late 50's home on some acreage, but was totally taken down and rebuilt to what it is today. (posted pictures on here before) I hate to say it but the costs around us are seven figures now! Most like ours is over an acre or better.

Last edited:
I have about 27 x 27 and 1/2 is full of my woodworking tools and the other 1/2 is my wife's pottery throwing shop. I hope to build another building for her soon.

Make an apartment for me and I'll be there next weekend. LOL.
I have the upstairs in my shop that I want to make an apartment. It's a good size and already has plumbing and electric. It would be about a month project to get it done. Just need to find a place for my junk.

It was here, two years old, when we bought the place. It seemed large at the time and kind of was, ...but, the more you have the more you want. I also had a good amount of tools from my Mustang Restoration shop in the Denver area, a lot of tools and equipment.
It was unfinished on the inside when we bought it, I had it insulated, rocked, textured and painted just after we got it. It already had two Large evaporative coolers that do a fairly good job here, with our typical 5-15% RH. The ceiling is at 18 foot!
The attached is also a bit oversize at 28x38 and is all finished, with cabinets, countertops and a lot of wall pegboard. ! Leaves plenty of room in it. Kathy even had a new separate garage built for HER new razor!
I suppose if required, in reality the Large detached could be added to, there is plenty of room.
It isn't easy to find property like we have here in this area.
I first built a house south of here in Buckeye in 2010 to 'retire' to because there was just nothing or no way to find anything in this area (near Sedona). I fully retired in 2013. But kept looking for something up here, it took another three years of looking and waiting for what I have here to find a suitible place, 2016! We are, this area is, Land-locked because we are centered and surounded by over 8 million acres of national forest, and near every inch was built out years ago. Yet we are in a 'rual code area', which is great to not have to deal with so many restrictions of the cities'. The house where we are was an orignal late 50's home on some acreage, but was totally taken down and rebuilt to what it is today. (posted pictures on here before) I hate to say it but the costs around us are seven figures now! Most like ours is over an acre or better.
Its similar where I live. Surrounded by BLM and state land. Most places were built years ago and we to have no rules. They have let a few people subdivide but nothing under 5 acres. The majority of homes are million plus with several older small homes and ranches/farms. I have an attached garage that is 28 x 36 with 12 foot ceilings and 9 foot doors. You can fit a dually long bed crew cab in no problem. Our house is about 4400 sf. I love it here and the only reason I would move is for more acreage or further away. We have 15 acres now. I plan to add another three car garage to the house and am in the process of building a 36 x 48 barn but that will be a cow barn so not much of a shop there.

I have about 27 x 27 and 1/2 is full of my woodworking tools and the other 1/2 is my wife's pottery throwing shop. I hope to build another building for her soon.
That's on my list as well. I want a 20 x 20 or so woodworking shop. My upstairs of my shop has my woodwork tools but they are not set up for use. I have too many irons in the fire.

Kathy has a room that is about 16x20, it is commonly here called an Arizona room where she does stuff like that, even has a kiln in it!
It has some shelves with a few, very few of my things stored in there, but the room is all hers! It has 3-4 bikes of hers and also a treadmill.

edit: Sorry, not a treadmill, it is an 'Eliptical'

Last edited:
Its similar where I live. Surrounded by BLM and state land. Most places were built years ago and we to have no rules. They have let a few people subdivide but nothing under 5 acres. The majority of homes are million plus with several older small homes and ranches/farms. I have an attached garage that is 28 x 36 with 12 foot ceilings and 9 foot doors. You can fit a dually long bed crew cab in no problem. Our house is about 4400 sf. I love it here and the only reason I would move is for more acreage or further away. We have 15 acres now. I plan to add another three car garage to the house and am in the process of building a 36 x 48 barn but that will be a cow barn so not much of a shop there.
You may have missed a point... I'm not that big here and really wouldn't want to be... RETIRED
Just don't want to deal with much more than there is here, maintenance and upkeep work sucks !
RETIRED---- means I don't want to work too much !

This house is just right for the two of us!

3-8 sunset.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back