Yarnell Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone remembers the fire in Yarnell AZ in 2013 that took 19 firefighters, well, as of a couple hours ago it's on fire again, almost 3 years later. (Within a couple weeks)

Has the brush grown enough to create any problem? My G/F just hiked that mountain last month. Said it was beautiful.
Yeah, there is full growth. I live 9 miles from Yarnell in Congress, I tried posting pics of the smoke from my house, but they won't upload for some reason.

Yeah, there is full growth. I live 9 miles from Yarnell in Congress, I tried posting pics of the smoke from my house, but they won't upload for some reason.

What's happening with the fire? Are they getting it contained yet?

What's happening with the fire? Are they getting it contained yet?
Less than 10% contained. It jumped from 600 acres yesterday morning to 5000 acres last night. 330 homes evacuated in Yarnell and Peeples Valley. It's moving quick, jumped the initial fire line, but fortunately nobody hurt and no houses lost. The fire can burn for a month as long as nobody is lost and I'll be happy.

I guess it's something I'll have to get used to very soon.... forest fires aren't exactly a threat around here.

hopefully we'll never need one, but it's probably best we set up an evacuation plan before we are in need of it.

Latest posts

Back