What did you do to your Jeep today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like working on a Wrangler everything takes longer than planned.
Always plan for the worst and hope for the best.
Even for a Jeep as clean as mine,things are a pain in the ass.

I stacked more crap on top of the hood. Great clutter spot. I may drive it next month.

drove him around to run some errands....

he just found out he's adopted so I wanted to spend some quality time with him :)

Cholula...

How do you like it honestly. I have been looking at that and a Kia for my daughter. She starts college this fall and needs a car soon. I havent driven one yet. What are they going for $?

Started parts shopping today. Power Steering pump is starting to make me feel like I'm driving an old Ford. It's beginning to make that tell-tale "whine".

:ranton: Replacement parts shopping SUCKS! So many brands and prices are all over the place. All I want is a quality pump and not get ripped off. The same manufacturer and part number varies by as much as $50, and the sites that say "Low Price Guarantee" are the highest!!! Grrr!!!! :rantoff:

Can anyone here tell where to get a no BS - No ripoff quote???

I've always had good luck at my local NAPA. They even replaced an alternator on my F-350 that I didn't have a receipt for that failed. Probably cheaper options out there, I just like their customer service better than the other options out there.

Two days ago in the middle of nowhere my fuel pump went out on the Xj. Normally not a big deal but mine decided to fill my crank case with fuel to the point it was pouring out the dipstick tube and valve cover. Then the fuel pump casing started dripping on the exhaust which is when I realized I had a problem. I had smoke coming in from the floor. I pulled over thinking I had an electrical fire. It was a mess, luckily there was a Napa a few miles up the highway but they didn't have the pump. They did have an aftermarket electric pump. I spent the next few hours swapping out to an electric pump and doing an oil change in a turn out on highway 101 on the coast of Oregon. All is good now. Luckily didn't hurt the motor.

Two days ago in the middle of nowhere my fuel pump went out on the Xj. Normally not a big deal but mine decided to fill my crank case with fuel to the point it was pouring out the dipstick tube and valve cover. Then the fuel pump casing started dripping on the exhaust which is when I realized I had a problem. I had smoke coming in from the floor. I pulled over thinking I had an electrical fire. It was a mess, luckily there was a Napa a few miles up the highway but they didn't have the pump. They did have an aftermarket electric pump. I spent the next few hours swapping out to an electric pump and doing an oil change in a turn out on highway 101 on the coast of Oregon. All is good now. Luckily didn't hurt the motor.

Howdy Chris, you got lucky, glad to hear that it all turned out ok.

swapped in a rebuilt transfer case with slip yoke eliminator and new tom woods driveshaft. I still need to spend some time getting the shifter adjusted properly.

Today, bought a very nice, clean, '01 TJ sport for a really great price. Not a spot of rust any where on it. It is a copper pearl color, looks great, prety much all stock except for a two inch lift an 10.5 31's.... Now let the MOD's begin!!!

Oh, did I mention it has D44's front and rear!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back