Thought of the day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
robert frost.jpg

The United States Supreme Court ruled in the cases of,
Murdock v Pennsylvania; the government can't convert a Right into a privilege and require a license and charge a fee.
Shuttlesworth v Birmingham; if the government does convert a Right into a privilege you can ignore the license and fee and engage in the Right with impunity.
If I'm not mistaken the 2nd Amendment is a Right.

Hope This Makes You Smile
Will Rogers, who died in a 1935 plane crash in Alaska with bush pilot Wiley Post, was one of the
greatest political country/cowboy sages this country has ever known. Some of his sayings:
1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10. If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring.
He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
ABOUT GROWING OLDER...
First ~ Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
Sixth ~ I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it's such a nice change from being young.
Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable and relaxed.
Tenth ~ Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft.
Today it's called golf.
And, finally ~ If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
🤣
🤣
😂

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon.

A Short Text on Keanu Reeves’ Life
💭

Keanu was born in Lebanon. His parents split when he was three and he grew up with three different stepfathers.
As a kid he was diagnosed with dyslexia and dreamed of becoming a hockey player. He played goalie for a junior league team in Canada but quit after breaking his leg to focus on acting.
He lost his best friend, River Phoenix, in 1993 due to an overdose.
He got married in 1998, experienced a miscarriage with his daughter in 1999, and ultimately lost his wife as well due to a car accident in 2001.
In 2002, Keanu put the Matrix sequels on hold to care for his sick sister. He sold his house to move nearer to his sister, while also helping by cooking meals, cleaning her house, and preparing medication. He also donated 70% of the money he made from The Matrix to leukemia research.
In 2006, when he was filming the movie "The Lake House," he overheard the conversation of two costume assistants, one crying as he would lose his house if he did not pay $20,000 - on the same day, Keanu deposited the necessary amount in his bank account.
In 2010, on his birthday, Keanu walked into a bakery & bought a brioche with a single candle, ate it in front of the bakery, and offered coffee to people who stopped to talk to him.⁣⁣
To this day, Keanu is often seen wandering around New York City, riding the subway, and interacting with people.
A certified legend.

John Kennedy graduated magna cum laude in political science, philosophy, and economics from Vanderbilt University, was president of his senior class, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.

He received his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was an executive editor of the “Virginia Law Review” and elected to the Order of the Coif.

He earned a Bachelor of Civil Law degree with first class honors from Oxford University (Magdalen College) in England, where he studied under Sir Rupert Cross and Sir John H. C. Morris.

FIRST OF ALL, I’M JOHN KENNEDY, NOT THAT JOHN KENNEDY, I AM THE OTHER JOHN KENNEDY, (R) SENATOR REPRESENTING THE GREAT STATE OF LOUISIANA. PERMIT ME TO TELL YOU WHAT I BELIEVE.

* 1. I BELIEVE AMERICA WAS FOUNDED BY GENIUSES BUT IS NOW RUN BY IDIOTS.

*2. I BELIEVE YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID, BUT YOU CAN VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

*3. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD OF ANYONE TRYING TO SNEAK INTO CHINA?

*4. AMERICA IS SO GREAT THAT PEOPLE WHO HATE IT, REFUSE TO LEAVE.

*5. LET ME SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION, THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION SUCKS.

*6. I BELIEVE EXERCISE MAKES YOU LOOK BETTER NAKED. BUT SO DOES ALCOHOL.

*7. WELFARE SHOULD BE A BRIDGE, NOT A PARKING LOT.

*8. WEAKNESS INVITES THE WOLVES.

*9. WE MUST ARM FOR PEACE.

*10. WE DON’T HAVE A GUN CONTROL PROBLEM. WE HAVE AN IDIOT CONTROL PROBLEM.

*11. FREE ADVICE FRIENDS, IF GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU NOT TO BUY A GUN, BUY TWO.

*12. I BELIEVE IF YOU HATE POLICE OFFICERS, THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN TROUBLE, CALL A CRACK-HEAD.

*13. HERE’S A FREE TIP, COPS WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE IF YOU DON'T DO STUPID THINGS.

*14. I BELIEVE WE NEED AN ELECTION DAY, NOT AN ELECTION MONTH.

*15. I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE WHEN YOU VOTE.

*16. I BELIEVE 400,000 BODIES BURIED AT ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY ARE THE REASON YOU SHOULD STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

*17. I BELIEVE THE WATER WON’T CLEAR TILL YOU GET THE PIGS OUT OF THE CREEK.

*18. I BELIEVE LOVE IS THE ANSWER, BUT YOU SHOULD OWN A GUN, JUST IN CASE

Latest posts

Back