The Gun Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, that japanese stuff is kinda weak

Well I'm off to go test the hardness of some steel as well with the newly reconfigured scout rifle as well as the SCAR.

HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!! bring back range reports ! GOOD SHOOTING !!!!!

330px-Nagasakibomb.jpg
Is this legal?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is, talk to a guy named Iran, he will tell you how to have another guy named Obama set you right up
you have cash right ?
Don't need cash, Obama gave Iran $150,000,000,000.00 and let him keep his nukes! Hell of a guy, that Obama.

Don't need cash, Obama gave Iran $150,000,000,000.00 and let him keep his nukes! Hell of a guy, that Obama.
cash is for me.

we used to call it a "cop'ers fee" back in the day

yes it is, talk to a guy named Iran, he will tell you how to have another guy named Obama set you right up
you have cash right ?
I prefer cold war era stuff from mother Russia, more bang for your buck.

I prefer cold war era stuff from mother Russia, more bang for your buck.
the beast of Billery can give you a sweet deal on russian stuff, she might even throw in a slightly used reset button

HEY MARN !!!!!!!!!!

How did you do at the range ?

here is my range,

I did aite. Found a beautiful spot that is good to about 600 meters. Pleased with the rifle except for some sticky extractions. Ran the Scout rifle and the SCAR at 100m, 200m, and 300m. Last time I was at frontsight with the SCAR they jacked up my sights, i told them it was dialed in for a 25/300 zero and they were all "well we dont do that here!" and cranked my sight down.

Reestablished a proper 25/300. I have a short range (100, 200, 300m) tactical match this weekend to shoot in. Used a 25m zeroing target, then walked back to 300 and bam, it was dead on with no adjustments necessary.

Got the scout dialed in real well at 100m, which is probably the furthest a rifle like this would realistically be shot off hand. But, I was hitting at 300 from a prone position.

I was dumb and shot at my steel at 100m with some XM193 and that made some definite damage on the steel, so, lesson learned. will push it back to 150m any time i use the SCAR.

you are certainly lucky to have that much flat land to stretch out and shoot.
945135.gif

you mentioned having sticky bolt. reloads ?

sticky bolt is due to a hot load. or reloaded to many times/weak brass

or bad extractor spring

be careful, set up a chrony ck you fps and dial back a grain or 2

not reloads.

sticky bolt is due to difference betweeen 7.62x51 and .308 win.

.308 win is actually hotter, higher pressure, and it extracts fine.

I'm having some stickiness using a few different types of 7.62. CBC Magtech has brass thickness issues and my chamber REALLY holds onto that crap, to the point where i need to smack the bolt handle up. ZQI generally unseats fine on the up stroke of the bolt handle, but requires a strong tug reardward. Was shooting some south african the other day and while it wasnt bad, it was still sometimes hard to unseat and sometimes sticky on the rearward stroke. then fired some federal .308 and it was noticably hotter/louder and it all extracted like butter.

understood. or rather misunderstood, but understand.

nice gun. :D

Latest posts

Back