Sad story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
We have been following the story of a brave young man. He is now 12. At age 11 he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He has fought it for a year, numerous chemos, experimental trials, the end is almost near. His father took him from the hospice last week to ride roller coasters because he asked. His father is the weather man at a local TV station. Three of the KC Chiefs including QB Patrick Mahomes went to visit him last week because he is a huge Chief's fan. Thousands of local people have become attached to him. We donated some money, could not afford a lot, so they could take him on trips. They got a lot of donations.

mahomes.PNG

Isn't that part of an NFL contract? Even our F/B teams make regular appearances to the local children's hospitals. And ironically, the worse they play, the more time is spent visiting the hospitals.

……. the worse they play, the more time is spent visiting the hospitals.

If so, Then most should be spending a LOT of time visiting children in hospitals!!!!!

Isn't that part of an NFL contract? Even our F/B teams make regular appearances to the local children's hospitals. And ironically, the worse they play, the more time is spent visiting the hospitals.
I don't know. Mahomes went to visit Christian at a hospice about 100 miles from KC. 35 years ago some visited my stepson when he was at that hospital. Mahomes has had several video chats with Christian too.

I don't know. Mahomes went to visit Christian at a hospice about 100 miles from KC. 35 years ago some visited my stepson when he was at that hospital. Mahomes has had several video chats with Christian too.

Some do the 'right' thing just because IT IS the Right Thing To Do...

God I wish there was more that could be done...

Over the last few weeks, his father has taken him parasailing, they rode 6 roller coasters in one day. He went to a Chiefs game. Anything he has wanted to do, his father has tried to do.

He asked his dad this morning "is death close?". His dad told him he would soon be cancer free.

Latest posts

Back