ok you asked for it, the non jeep build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after I got the duff t rex arms on and the truck aligned I found out about this thing called cruise to the woods. it is the largest Cruise/show in Iowa. I decided to take the bronco since I had the weekend off. it was the first time I have taken it out of town so I was a bit nervous. I hooked up the trailer to my truck so if I had any trouble my wife could come pick me up lol. but it was unnecessary the Bronco was flawless. It cruised with no difficulties at 70 plus mph in areas for a total of over 350 miles round trip. I met a bunch of people and had a great time. the Bronco got a lot of attention. and my daughter and I had a very memorable day.

this picture was taken by one of the people attending and posted to facebook so I copied it.

dYPnxca.jpg

Yz0NuBN.jpg

there were over 1300 vehicles at the show ranging from early style hotrods to brand new off the lot cars.

RVUSPl8.jpg

after I got back it was time for the first oil change on the new 408.

r0aIB7B.jpg

having fun in bronco town.:D

I love the dog just chillin' on the floor. What is the dog's name?
Ozzy. He is an akc registered German shepherd I got from a co worker when he started acting like a dog and eating her chickens. His full name is Mr Royal Osborne. They are cornhusker fans lol. We just call him ozzy or Osborne. He is a really good dog. Follows me like a shadow. I love him to death.

nice color though. I don't care for those pre runner bumpers on street driven vehicles however.

I decided to put a dash pad in. I tested the old dash and decided I liked it so I got a new one from wild horses. I haven't decided whether to put screws in the bottom like stock or put emblem tape there instead.

qUQFN2h.jpg

uDcRuO6.jpg

here is an old picture. I liked the clean look without it, but I think it looks more finished with the dash pad.

5mHKKIk.jpg

sharp eyed viewers will notice I knocked the heater vent tube loose when I was fixing my backup camera. I didn't notice it till I was looking at the pictures. but I fixed it no worries. the backup camera wire somehow got too close to the exhaust and burnt the wire. took me way too long to figure out what was wrong with it.

I had a 300 dollar credit from wild horses from something I returned awhile back. so I decided to try the dash pad to see if I liked it on. I first test fit my original that was in kind of bad condition. and decided I liked it so I ordered a new one and installed it this week when it was raining so much. so for a refresher, this is how the interior used to look.

fcGIwhc.jpg

this is how it looks now. I think it gives it a more finished look. and the black ties in nicely with the rest of the interior.

uDcRuO6.jpg

bpEOvq2.jpg

HGDgpSG.jpg

I really love driving this bronco it is so much fun I’ll use any excuse. I had the day off and was trying to talk my self out of lifting today, finally decided to go because it gave me an excuse to drive the bronco, lol.

here is a poser shot in the parking lot of the Y. dang that looks good.

Cdars6m.jpg

I have been driving the Bronco for a few months now. and overall I am very happy with it. The BluePrint Engines 408 is awesome and the dual quad snipers are dialed in. it is a beast to drive. However, the vacuum boosted brakes left something to be desired. they were"ok" but I wouldn't have wanted to trust them too much in a panic stop. I considered switching to hydroboost which would be the ultimate solution, and despite the extra thousand bucks to do so and throwing away my nice vacuum setup, I was about to pull the trigger. but I asked wild horses about it and they told me my stock explorer powersteering pump would probably not be adequate for the job. I looked at different pump options, but I couldn't find anything that would bolt in without having to completely re-do a lot of stuff. so i decided to try just adding a vacuum reserve canister, 40 bucks from Jegs, and that made a big difference. I am pretty happy with the brakes now.
uwZX6dg.jpg

rQBXFUQ.jpg

JJ0nnYJ.jpg

IMG_0032(1).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

break it then make it better right? more fun to come in the never ending bronco saga.

last weekend I installed the 6 degree shims that wild horses sells. I then installed the front bracket from james duff.
SS6Bp9l.jpg

shweVzH.jpg

In order to put the bolt on bracket onto the diff side you have to pull the differential and remove 4 of the studs and replace them with longer ones. I did that at the same time I did the axle shims. it made that part easier at least. unfortunately when I went to install the differential I found that one of the ribs on the diff interfered with the duff bracket, so I massaged that a bit and bolted it in. I also replaced the pinion yoke. I bought this new differential from national drivetrain and it came without a yoke and with a solid spacer so I did not need to replace the crush bushing, just torque it to 225 foot pounds which is pretty easy with my Dad's 3/4 inch torque wrench.

painted it to make it pretty again. and installed the torque arm.

jl9vquP.jpg

tonight I also got my new driveshaft. it is a tom woods extreme duty driveshaft and it is 31.5 inches working length. I checked the angle and it looks near perfect, I didn't get a picture of it, but it is best I can tell about 2 degrees down.

erO0it0.jpg

hlUg0BE.jpg

DJRfkKD.jpg

now I will have to wait until spring I suppose, we have a ton of ice and snow and gravel and salt all over the roads right now. I don't care to get the bronco out in that, and the bikini top is a bit breezy this time of year.

My daughter knows that I love those Broncos, so she took a pic of one she saw walking around her neighborhood. I said "you ain't seen nothing yet", then showed her your pics. She went ga-ga!
IMG_6209.jpg

My daughter knows that I love those Broncos, so she took a pic of one she saw walking around her neighborhood. I said "you ain't seen nothing yet", then showed her your pics. She went ga-ga!View attachment 7822
Thanks glad to hear she likes it. The green one looks cool although I’ve never really been a fan of those roadster door inserts

My next door neighbors son spend an entire year restoring his old bronco. He drove it to work for a week, parked it and because of an unknown electrical short, burnt down to the ground. Heartbreaking for sure.

Latest posts

Back