ok you asked for it, the non jeep build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks. My wifes younger brother passed away from a sudden and completely unexpected heart attack. he never mentioned any symptoms to anyone, so it was a total shocker and my wife is taking it pretty hard. but life goes on so we will survive.

Yeah. I’m 54 and my mom died at 56. So it kind of makes you stop and think a bit

Well, my mom died when she was 42. With medical advancements, it's hard to compare anymore. Just live life as if today is your last day on earth, but dream as if you will live forever.

the bronco is home now. they did a great job. it looks awesome. I am almost afraid to start working on it. but hopefully in the next few days I will get around to lizard skinning the interior so I can start on the re assembly. but I think the first thing I am going to do is mount the ac condensor so I can put the grill on so it will not get damaged.

k5A6BIV.jpg

RPeGbaw.jpg

GQDxR1A.jpg

9wOCtjo.jpg

4e2Pu6G.jpg

They did a great job on the bodywork. It cost a lot more than expected but the results are excellent.
It has been unbearably hot and humid here lately so I had to wait until about 1:00 am every night to do the 2 layers of lizard skin sound deadening, wait 24 hours 2 layers of lizard skin thermal barrier wait 24 hours and raptor liner but it looks pretty good inside. Some really late nights but I got it done.

QVBGzLV.jpg

c3jXCWq.jpg

Right now I am working on the hvac system. I decided to go another route because I was not happy with how the tubing stuck through the firewall.

qw8vYVU.jpg

So I had to do some major rethinking of several components. I am going with a restomod air system with a predator bulkhead.

rb8Psrs.jpg

Unfortunately the new glovebox is too small for the aaw wiring harness, so I decided to put it in the cubby with my stereo. Which meant modification to that system which is still in the works. After a lot of reworking I got the bulkhead installed and I had to remake the inside hoses because the ones they sent won’t work with the predator bulkhead.

dEIoTEi.jpg

I also hung the grill temporarily and put the marker lights and bronco emblems on it.

HiXkpoz.jpg

last night I decided to go ahead and add my tribute badge to the truck. I had this badge made using My Dad's signature. this was from the last piece of paper I had that he signed. it was actually part of his funeral plans that he had made. anyway I sent the initials and what I wanted into billet badges.com and they made this for me. I like it a lot. My Dad's name is
Roy D. McCance

RDM Custom.

I think he would like it, and I know he would love this Bronco.

IzD0S3l.jpg

some guy on my classic Bronco page asked for a picture of the underside of the hood, so I took one last night. I thought you all would appreciate it, before all the hoses and wiring ugly it up.
bXfAnkd.jpg

the fitech system has a wire that goes to the fuel pump so I decided to finish up that part of the system first. I ran all the wiring to the back of the bronco. including the amp research power steps. I loomed it all with power braid and tried to hide the wiring and keep it away from any sharp or hot spots. I finished the wiring to the marker lights, license plate light and the tail lights. the american autowire set has provision for a third brake light and a 12 v switched wire for accessories or whatever. I just ran them to the back of the truck and terminated them so they are there if I need them in the future. I decided I like the look of the tail lights without the chrome trim better so I left it. I have some LED light boards to put in the tail lights once I get all the wiring hooked up and tested. I also put the fuel filler tube, vent tube and charcoal canister in place so I could add fuel and energize the fuel pump to test for leaks. no leaks found. of course Ozzy had to pose for a picture lol.
rvZI7ZL.jpg

DOsCTMu.jpg

3jje68I.jpg

Latest posts

Back