ok you asked for it, the non jeep build thread.

mustanggarage

Reaction score
after I got the duff t rex arms on and the truck aligned I found out about this thing called cruise to the woods. it is the largest Cruise/show in Iowa. I decided to take the bronco since I had the weekend off. it was the first time I have taken it out of town so I was a bit nervous. I hooked up the trailer to my truck so if I had any trouble my wife could come pick me up lol. but it was unnecessary the Bronco was flawless. It cruised with no difficulties at 70 plus mph in areas for a total of over 350 miles round trip. I met a bunch of people and had a great time. the Bronco got a lot of attention. and my daughter and I had a very memorable day.

this picture was taken by one of the people attending and posted to facebook so I copied it.

there were over 1300 vehicles at the show ranging from early style hotrods to brand new off the lot cars.

after I got back it was time for the first oil change on the new 408.

having fun in bronco town.:D

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I love the dog just chillin' on the floor. What is the dog's name?
Ozzy. He is an akc registered German shepherd I got from a co worker when he started acting like a dog and eating her chickens. His full name is Mr Royal Osborne. They are cornhusker fans lol. We just call him ozzy or Osborne. He is a really good dog. Follows me like a shadow. I love him to death.

mustanggarage

Reaction score
nice color though. I don't care for those pre runner bumpers on street driven vehicles however.

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I decided to put a dash pad in. I tested the old dash and decided I liked it so I got a new one from wild horses. I haven't decided whether to put screws in the bottom like stock or put emblem tape there instead.

here is an old picture. I liked the clean look without it, but I think it looks more finished with the dash pad.

sharp eyed viewers will notice I knocked the heater vent tube loose when I was fixing my backup camera. I didn't notice it till I was looking at the pictures. but I fixed it no worries. the backup camera wire somehow got too close to the exhaust and burnt the wire. took me way too long to figure out what was wrong with it.

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I had a 300 dollar credit from wild horses from something I returned awhile back. so I decided to try the dash pad to see if I liked it on. I first test fit my original that was in kind of bad condition. and decided I liked it so I ordered a new one and installed it this week when it was raining so much. so for a refresher, this is how the interior used to look.

this is how it looks now. I think it gives it a more finished look. and the black ties in nicely with the rest of the interior.

I really love driving this bronco it is so much fun I’ll use any excuse. I had the day off and was trying to talk my self out of lifting today, finally decided to go because it gave me an excuse to drive the bronco, lol.

here is a poser shot in the parking lot of the Y. dang that looks good.

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I have been driving the Bronco for a few months now. and overall I am very happy with it. The BluePrint Engines 408 is awesome and the dual quad snipers are dialed in. it is a beast to drive. However, the vacuum boosted brakes left something to be desired. they were"ok" but I wouldn't have wanted to trust them too much in a panic stop. I considered switching to hydroboost which would be the ultimate solution, and despite the extra thousand bucks to do so and throwing away my nice vacuum setup, I was about to pull the trigger. but I asked wild horses about it and they told me my stock explorer powersteering pump would probably not be adequate for the job. I looked at different pump options, but I couldn't find anything that would bolt in without having to completely re-do a lot of stuff. so i decided to try just adding a vacuum reserve canister, 40 bucks from Jegs, and that made a big difference. I am pretty happy with the brakes now.

Latest posts