NEED INFO ASAP 89 JEEP YJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stownboy

Reaction score
6 cylinder, auto, 104,xxx miles. Need all the pros and cons. Throttle body injected or??? ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. going to possible buy one tomorrow.

If it doesn't leak oil profusely, or have water in the oil, there is nothing else to know. It'll roll for a long time if you tend to it properly. I have an XJ with a 4.0 Auto with 240k. Still holds 40 psi oil pressure. Use NAPA gold oil filter, WIX, or Ford equivalent. Fram sucks, Purolator sucks, generic sucks.

89 will have a Carter Carb and you will have a few different options for trans and Tcase in that year. Still not a bad deal for the right price. 91 and newer will have the fuel injection. The 89 will be more like a CJ7 in the body of a YJ. It will have the sport roll bar and a few other things diferent from newer. Mine is a 90 which is similar. If you don't mind the carb or spending a grand down the road on a fuel injection kit than it is a good ride.

That one fell thru . Rust covered frame. Several rust holes ,one big enough to put my hand in one.

Latest posts

Back