Mini joop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I had to be off work for a couple weeks over Christmas because I had trigger finger surgery on both hands. So since I can’t sit around and do nothing. And because I was kind of worried about regaining the use of my hands as quickly as possible I started a “small” project. I like anything mechanical and recently I saw a guy who was building an rci jeep. It looked fun so I decided to do it. The thing is there is no kit to do this. You have to buy a suspension kit from one company a body from another. You have to find the lights and little accessories on eBay. The windows on amazon. The electronics from multiple places etc. so it is a lot like building a full size jeep. Then of course the fasteners are tiny and required new tools. And I had to use my magnifying loops to see what I was doing in order to detail it. Anyway it was a fun project. I am putting this in jeep registry instead of general discussion because of that.

63D844F3-70B6-41C3-965D-032B9D93CF6F.jpeg
A45D4BA9-A464-4D74-9F1B-3A0A34AB8F91.jpeg
899DF404-C8CB-4F9B-A51D-8201104E4707.jpeg

Ok well the first thing I did was buy the body because the ya body is difficult to find.

Then I bought the frame kit

Dang the pictures are loading wrong I will just do one pic per reply I guess

34EE713C-A34D-463C-8561-2D66F8FDC3DA.jpeg
The wheels supplied in the kit I did not like so I found some similar to the ones on my Jeep and assembled them. That was a trick believe me. Those “simulated lug nuts in the picture are actually tiny screws that hold the center cap on.

F961EA4D-D443-495C-930D-408D6C5425B6.jpeg
Then I started detailing the body. I panted the Jeep the same color as my Jeep and all the black parts with truck bedliner to give it the right texture I also bought a spare tire and painted it. I hand drew the Jeep puppy print logo on tape and cut it out with an exacto knife and painted the white logo to match my tire cover

Then I hand painted the hinges and hood hold down and painted the bolts silver I i
D0268B0B-F718-429C-B6B4-DC463DAFD6B6.jpeg
ns the windows next

3DE24383-AF62-4414-8BC0-10193F543DD2.jpeg
I contacted the company that made my Jeep decals and had them make some scale decals. Then I added the lights and front bumper

FBF1DA99-039A-4F3E-9313-F073389D6398.jpeg
I have changed the electronics a bit since this picture. But it is not much different. Then I got a winch and remote winch controller

Let’s see if I can do video of the winch I guess not I suppose I have to do a you tube video

the chassis and suspension I got from rc4wd. the body I got from Amain hobbies. I got a lot of the smaller pieces from those two companies as well. I bought the windows from amazon, the spare tire and headlight, and tailight housings I got from ebay. I had to do a lot of surfing to find all the stuff I needed to finish it.

How did I miss this one, that is awesome

IMG_3552.jpg

started a new project the other day. I want to try to build a jeep with a bikini top. unfortunately no such animal exists so I am going to try to make one. I got the top cut off and I have started doing some work. I don't want to post too many pictures until I see if it is going to work out or not. but I thought I would post this pic to give me some motivation to work on it.

I hope you learn to sew quick

I had some time to work on the mini joop bikini body recently. so here are some picture updates. it is not quite done, but getting close.
fMpW3WT.jpg

1nRjczO.jpg

SU2agL2.jpg

jumUL17.jpg

iYBpsRx.jpg

ADQWnjY.jpg

Latest posts

Back