last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to my lawyer about my dads estate, since we dont have a copy of his will there is nothing we can do. She wrote herself a new will after dad died and the courts have that one. Dad would supercede if we had a copy but he only showed it to us and never gave a copy.

If it's a living will and trust, the courts won't get involved. If it went to probate, then you can and should contest it.
Not sure what hers was, they wont give me any info. Not sure whst dads was as i dont have a copy.

Talked to my lawyer about my dads estate, since we dont have a copy of his will there is nothing we can do. She wrote herself a new will after dad died and the courts have that one. Dad would supercede if we had a copy but he only showed it to us and never gave a copy.
Been there. When my MIL passed, her will was gone. We know one of her sisters took it but can't prove it. It has been 5 years and the estate is still unsettled.

Been there. When my MIL passed, her will was gone. We know one of her sisters took it but can't prove it. It has been 5 years and the estate is still unsettled.
Our problem is that her sister is greedy and crooked. Willing to lie to us. Just the house lie is dumb enough, they told me she had to refinance it and pull every bit of equity out of it to live. Also said she had no income whatsoever. Both lies, at the very least she was getting social security and my dads social security plus he had a military retirement and two others. That and if she had no income there is not a bank out there that will lend you 470k on a house. That and they were wealthy 3 years ago when dad died.

Our problem is that her sister is greedy and crooked. Willing to lie to us. Just the house lie is dumb enough, they told me she had to refinance it and pull every bit of equity out of it to live. Also said she had no income whatsoever. Both lies, at the very least she was getting social security and my dads social security plus he had a military retirement and two others. That and if she had no income there is not a bank out there that will lend you 470k on a house. That and they were wealthy 3 years ago when dad died.
My SIL was supported by her parents her whole life. Bought her cars, paid her rent, everything. We had never asked for anything and I had done a lot of work on their house. Found out after she passed that my MIL had left a will leaving us things, like she wanted me to have her pickup. My MIL had told her sister about it. But the will was gone from the lockbox that contained property deed, car titles etc.
My SIL has even threatened to kill us. I told if she ever shows up at our house, I will drop her when she steps out of her car.

My SIL was supported by her parents her whole life. Bought her cars, paid her rent, everything. We had never asked for anything and I had done a lot of work on their house. Found out after she passed that my MIL had left a will leaving us things, like she wanted me to have her pickup. My MIL had told her sister about it. But the will was gone from the lockbox that contained property deed, car titles etc.
My SIL has even threatened to kill us. I told if she ever shows up at our house, I will drop her when she steps out of her car.
Its amazing the greed in people. My step mother never liked me or really anyone. She was just a bad person, every time i visited my dad she would tell me how stupid he was and worthles, he worked his ass off to hive her all his cash and live in a seperate room. I guess he was stupid because he did stay with her. The whole family firmly believes he would be alive today if he got away from her. One can only be put down so much before they give up.

Yeah, that sure smells like some shady stuff. I don't even know how you would search for anything at this point.

Regardless, if she ripped you off, she will have to live with her actions for the rest of her life.

Yeah, that sure smells like some shady stuff. I don't even know how you would search for anything at this point.

Regardless, if she ripped you off, she will have to live with her actions for the rest of her life.
That does not bother some people.

Im sure shes proud. I tell you tgey are evil bitches

Latest posts

Back