last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon, i hate having employees. Id probably be wealthy if i didnt have them. Had one spend three hours to run a cable 100 feet in the shop attic for a camera. Its literally a 15 minute job max and that includes a smoke break. Holes were already done, just had to climb up drop one end down one hole go to the other and drop the other end down the other hole. Our attic is 8 feet tall. I can run across it if i want. Three hours and he had the connector end pushed up through a hole from below. I asked what took so long. He said it was hard pushing the wire up through the hole then he would climb into the attic to pull it and it would tangle below so he would have to climb down and start over. This is our younger generation and this is a farm kid who has worked for me for three years, not like its his first day.
I had one who could not learn to trim carpet pad. Really simple. You staple the pad down and run the knife down the edge of the tack strip. Somehow, he always cut it short. Had several high school grads who had no idea what the numbers were on a tape measure. Had one new grad who could not tell time. Had a few quit because they did not want to get dirty. It was better to just use a drunk who could only work 6 hours a day.

I had one who could not learn to trim carpet pad. Really simple. You staple the pad down and run the knife down the edge of the tack strip. Somehow, he always cut it short. Had several high school grads who had no idea what the numbers were on a tape measure. Had one new grad who could not tell time. Had a few quit because they did not want to get dirty. It was better to just use a drunk who could only work 6 hours a day.
Good to know times haven't changed. Makes me realize why all the contractors i worked for when i was young always wanted to keep me around, i was reliable and not an idiot.i did carpet, tile and hardwood for a few years, i enjoyed it.

Good to know times haven't changed. Makes me realize why all the contractors i worked for when i was young always wanted to keep me around, i was reliable and not an idiot.i did carpet, tile and hardwood for a few years, i enjoyed it.
The last ten years that I installed, I had 4 apt complexes. I could do them by myself. Before that I had a drunk that could put out more work than anyone but at 2 in the afternoon, he started craving beer. But by that time we would have a 3br house done. He never missed a day in all the years he worked for me. The beer finally won.

The last ten years that I installed, I had 4 apt complexes. I could do them by myself. Before that I had a drunk that could put out more work than anyone but at 2 in the afternoon, he started craving beer. But by that time we would have a 3br house done. He never missed a day in all the years he worked for me. The beer finally won.
When i was in California i had good employees, here in Idaho i haven't found one worth a crap. Not even a good drunk. I grew up in a small town and most were drunks but they got the job done and done well.

Latest posts

Back