last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's ma'am? 😆
I walked Ranger in the park today.... or maybe he walked me? 🤔

Poured some concrete today, it never got over freezing so we will see how it turns out

Was it the special formulation?
Yes, hot water, 2 percent calcium chloride, other than that a standard mix design. We blanket it for a week but there is still a chance it freezes and spalls down the road. I dont recommend pouring in the winter but some insist.

Yes, hot water, 2 percent calcium chloride, other than that a standard mix design. We blanket it for a week but there is still a chance it freezes and spalls down the road. I dont recommend pouring in the winter but some insist.
I know. My dad did concrete work. Some people wanted patios poured when it was below zero. We had a contract to do curb and gutter work for the city, whenever they wanted it done.
Had a chemical engineer tell us that concrete was never completely dry for 50 years and then it started to deteriorate.

Had a chemical engineer tell us that concrete was never completely dry for 50 years and then it started to deteriorate.
This is Partially true, dependent on thickness, (mass density)

Got a couple inches of snow so far. Supposed to turn to rain later.

Latest posts

Back