last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everyone. I replaced my back yard sprinkler manifold, all glued in, looks great. Problem is, one is not working.
Is it a broken wire?
Is it a bad solenoid?
Is it a bad transformer?
Did I get glue into the port?

Worst of all, it is about 80' away from the transformer, so each test is a 160 foot walk.

Anyone care to guess?

Morning everyone. I replaced my back yard sprinkler manifold, all glued in, looks great. Problem is, one is not working.
Is it a broken wire?
Is it a bad solenoid?
Is it a bad transformer?

Worst of all, it is about 80' away from the transformer, so each test is a 160 foot walk.

Anyone care to guess?
Swap a wire with the one next to it and test it

That is today's plan. I also purchased a hand held remote to activate my sprinklers remotely, but I have to re-install a fresh battery and remember how to use is. I'll get it, but Chris, that is my first thing on my list. Since my backyard is all on a drip system, I even plumbed some tubing into my bird bath, so there is always fresh water for birds.

Typically one head is NOT on a separate Zone.
A solenoid usually controls a Zone with multiple heads.
If the transformer goes belly up none will work.

Glue in the port possible, dirt in the line blocking it possible, a Bad Head is possible... just get another head and change it... if not it you now have a spare. Remove the head run the system to blow water out the up pipe to 'clear' the line.

Before it got dark, I replaced the solenoid. This morning, I see the plants appear watered, so maybe that was the problem. Then again, I manually tested that line quite a few times, so the wetness could be from turning on the valve manually.

Is it a broken wire?
Is it a bad solenoid?
Is it a bad transformer?

Anyone care to guess?
I think it has the Wuhan Flu...

Latest posts

Back