last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20180309_163045870_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180309_163032758.jpg
I did it Tom.

Last edited:
We also have friends who are relocating to Boise, Idaho.

I hear ya Grama, but my measly PERS pension won't allow me to even purchase a miner's flop house in your area, not to mention, hell, how many hours away is your nearest Home Depot or Costco. Sticks is one thing, but damn Grama, you are in the sticks!

Cottonwood has loads of character and charm with it's "Old Town" area offering entertainment, restaurants, wine tasting venues, events and festivals, shopping, artist galleries, etc. Cottonwood also features a lot of top wineries, numerous non-chain one-off restaurants, the Verde River, Oak Creek, Dead Horse Ranch State Park, the Verde Canyon Railroad.... and is just a few miles to Jerome, Sedona, Page Springs area, and Cornville - all with even a ton more great restaurants and things to do. Since this is a tourist destination area Cottonwood is able to support a surprising amount of very good restaurants, activities, festivals, parks, etc. for its size . We are definitely not "in the sticks". In Cottonwood we've got three large grocery stores, Walmart, a small JCP, a huge ACE Hardware, furniture store, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, CVS, Walgreens, A large new library, new huge recreation center, Verde Valley Hospital, four car dealerships, tire stores, several auto parts stores, multitudes of restaurants, a new indoor shooting range, a fantastic Wildlife Adventure Park, too much more to name. The only thing we're missing are the rest of the big box stores like Costco, Target, and Kohls... but for those times you need to shop those places just take the hour trip over the mountains once a month to Prescott and spend the day shopping. When we do go to Prescott, I'm really happy when we leave and get back here where there's a lot less traffic and congested sprawl. Everything in Cottonwood is within 10 minutes of our house. The "old town" area in Prescott with its "hip bars" seems much more geared toward the younger crowd whereas the "old town" area of Cottonwood with its delicious restaurants and numerous wine tasting rooms is geared more toward our age group. We're also surrounded by millions of acres of National Forest with thousands of miles of trails for jeeps and RZR's with trails starting a mile and a half from our house. I'm sure for a lot of people we are too small of a town and lacking some of the larger big box stores for shopping... but that is precisely why I love it here. I'm sure Prescott has a lot of things going for it, but it's just not for me. Every area has its plusses and minuses, you just have to weigh what's important to you.

http://www.cottonwoodchamberaz.org/guide-to-cottonwood/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g31204-Cottonwood_Arizona.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31204-Activities-Cottonwood_Arizona.html

Last edited:
We aren't
'in the sticks'

But we aren't in Cottonwood either, we are in unincorporated Yavipai County...

...and in five years I have been to Prescott three times, about two times too many!!!

Ken
RLTW

7 min (2.7 mi) via Camino Real; from our door to this one. (GOOGLE)

Latest posts

Back