last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon to all you not taking a nap !

I've been sanding down some teak chairs that have been sitting out in the sun here for about five years... look great after sanding! 60 Grit then 100, they really look nice... should I use some oil on them??

Afternoon to all you not taking a nap !

I've been sanding down some teak chairs that have been sitting out in the sun here for about five years... look great after sanding! 60 Grit then 100, they really look nice... should I use some oil on them??
WD 40

Well, we went and got five more plant to kill... takes us up to 59 !!!

The guy we hired is probably hardest worker I have seen in many years!

He dug the holes, mixed in 50/50 planting soil and amendments and got 18 in the ground yesterday in six and a half hours! He' back to day for more! this guy works his ass off !!!

He will be back Monday to help finish. He likes working for us, we pay well, get all a nice lunch (root beer, my favorite) and keep him supplied with cold water and ice!
Can I hire him?

Hey Mark, California is putting a big tax on lithium. 2 of the 3 producers have already said they will go elsewhere. Utah and Arkansas also have what they need. Is California trying to run off all business?
And it can be imported from China cheaper than California.

Can I hire him?

You could but, I don't think he would move. Loves it here.
But I am amazed that someone actually WANTS to work, and he does!
He has a job at Arizona Botanical Gardens (full-time) been there for three years. He's separated from his GF(?) w/a daughter and lives near by, she keeps her during the week and him on every weekend. A truly nice guy and damn hard worker. I wouldn't say that if he wasn't !!!

We have to have our large Cottonwood tree taken down ( sad ), The Arborist (Lisc'd/Certified) is doing it for us, he was here and saw him working... Calvin, our help, is off on Monday, the Arborist was impressed and is going to come help his crew on Monday (the 4th of July) to take the tree down. This is no small Cottonwood, over 50 years old, ~48" trunk diameter and I would estimate 50'+ high !!! It has just run its life and too close to the house to take any further chance with it falling on the house.

Who in the hell works on the Fourth of July !!!!!

I'm gonna put ac in my shop building today

Mine has two large units (168k btu's of cooling), and I have a huge Viking Move and Cool... they do a decent job. Mine is 3300sf, 6" ins. walls w/ stucco exterior and 5/8 rock textured and painted w/semi gloss white and 18' ceiling .

Went over and set up a computer for my sister. She does good to turn one on. She gave me two W10 desktops that she said won't work. I figure I can fix them.

Last edited:
Mine has two large units (168k btu's of cooling), and I have a huge Viking Move and Cool... they do a decent job. Mine is 3300sf, 6" ins. walls w/ stucco exterior and 5/8 rock textured and painted w/semi gloss white and 18' ceiling .
I have two three ton mini split systems. My building is 5200 sf but I'm just trying to cool the shop part which is 3200 sf. With 15 foot ceilings, all insulated but old. Walls and ceiling is fine but have quite a few single pain windows.

Latest posts

Back