last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head gasket? Is there a compression release somewhere on it?
I've heard there is. I think it has to be something stuck because it did it while sitting. I was thinking of filling the cylinder with some oil and pulling it a few times to see if that might help free it up.

Tires have gotten expensive. Spent 5k on tires in the last two weeks. And thats mounting ourselves. I used to pay 60 bucks a trailer tire. Now they are 140 thanks to covid and biden.

I'll do that, if that doesn't work I'll buy a new motor, I don't have time to spend on a hundred dollar motor

Morning, it's supposed to rain starting Friday for five days. A good start to a hard winter

Morning, it's supposed to rain starting Friday for five days. A good start to a hard winter

Sunny, warm and not a cloud in the sky, Temp is around 68...
Ten day forecast says... going to be the same.

Barrie, I have a 5 hp motor, like a lawn mower motor. It's brand new harbor freight junk. I put it on a plate compactor I have used it once then it sat for 5 years indoors. I went to go start it the other day and it has no compression. Pulled the plug and put ny finger over the hole and nothing. What could be the problem? The motor is turning and it is turning the output shaft.

remove the fuel. take out the plugs, get some 'detergent' type tranny fluid... turn the engine up side down so the head is parallel with the ground, pour in some of the tranny fluid, let it sit for a while, try to start it a few times, then drain the tranny fluid out the plug hole. Turn it back upright, new fresh fuel, check plug(s) gap, put them back in, check air filter, new one would be good, check oil, now try to start it.
ATF typically has a detergent in it, should be enough to clean small engine valves.

Gas prices are crazy. $2.99 Monday, $3.69 Tuesday , $3.29 this morning, $3.05 tonight.
Passed a truck stop in the little town of Jasper,Mo. gas was $2.79 today.

Latest posts

Back