last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had trucks scheduled to haul dirt today. Two trucks at 125 an hour each. Told my employee that trucks would be there at 730 and be ready which means machine is warmed, greased fueled and ready. I get there at 715 so I start the equipment and start greasing. Employee pulls up right after me and stays in his truck. I grease the machine and it's ready, meanwhile these two trucks showed up at 7am with a clock ticking. I asked him why he wasn't ready or even rushing to get things going and his answer was" it's not 7:30 yet" I told him I have 250 bucks an hour waiting on him. He just said they can't bill me til 730. Now he's been doing this a few years. He should know better and the trucks charge from port to port which means that clock started an hour before they even got there so hurry the hell up.

Really I can't wait to retire.

I had trucks scheduled to haul dirt today. Two trucks at 125 an hour each. Told my employee that trucks would be there at 730 and be ready which means machine is warmed, greased fueled and ready. I get there at 715 so I start the equipment and start greasing. Employee pulls up right after me and stays in his truck. I grease the machine and it's ready, meanwhile these two trucks showed up at 7am with a clock ticking. I asked him why he wasn't ready or even rushing to get things going and his answer was" it's not 7:30 yet" I told him I have 250 bucks an hour waiting on him. He just said they can't bill me til 730. Now he's been doing this a few years. He should know better and the trucks charge from port to port which means that clock started an hour before they even got there so hurry the hell up.

Really I can't wait to retire.
If you retire, who the hells left to pay for our social insecurity?

Who has solar? I'm getting a quote this week. But I'm afraid I missed the boat, as usual
It has a life span of 15 or so years so remember that. Also the kit to purchase costs about 10k for a house like yours through my supplier. Just don't get burned.

In California it should be getting cheaper, it is now required on every new construction home built.

Who has solar? I'm getting a quote this week. But I'm afraid I missed the boat, as usual

Ours is 100% solar... the system is about 15+ years old, maybe older, as near as I can tell. It is also connected to the grid and what we don't use is issued as credit to us. It was on the house when we bought it. The main house w/ attached garage is solar but the large detached garage is not, they are on separate meters, on average the monthly bill is usually around $35 to cover taxes and such for the Arizona Public Service, APS, It will draw from the APS if more power is needed. Some times in the late summer when the AC is in heavy use some APS is used, then maybe the bill will be at worse 150 or so manly for the second meter on the detached non-solar garage, it was built after the main house and solar was installed. It is a great system. It could be larger to handle the increased loads of todays usage, but it works great. We are also on our own well with DI filtration just added after we bought the place five years ago along with a septic system. For heat and such natural gas from UNS, two rooftop self contained units and a 75 gal water heater, dryer and stove.
Never have an issue at all with it!

Morning all.

I contemplated solar. Most say it's inefficient here in idaho but not sure why it would be. We are all electric and on a well. Our power is not expensive but could be cheaper.

Yeah, back 10-15 years ago, the state issued a 40% tax credit (federal i believe) and once you owned it, you received money annually for selling back the unused power. Now, the power company charges you for loss of money, the rebates are gone, and any residual only comes as credit, never cash. I spoke to a great referral solar guy from San Diego yesterday who said he is concerned about upgrading my service box, backfeeding a 1/2'' copper line to the box down the street, yadda yadda. I don't think it will be worth it for just 2 old farts in a house. Better yet, if I spent $2k on a variable speed pool pump, my power bill would probably be cut in half.

Oh, good morning all!

I forgot to mention this guy was telling me not to waste my money on batteries, since they have not built any that are worth a shit, and real pricy.
I'd agree. And really how often does your power go out for a long time?

Latest posts

Back