I GOTS A QUESTION OR TWO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'Cause

me... nothing
Reaction score
IF, if you had everything over to do;
...what jeep would get to begin a build with.
1. CJ5, with a decent body bad drive train
2. CJ8 Scrambler, if you could find one. Say again a decent body with a trashed drive train
3. TJ, A. a cheap one to replace the drive train, B. one with 44's and an auto to begin with C. one already built with axels, gears, lockers, lift...
4. Or whatever....

My first thought is a TJ with at least 44's; Then a small block ford 351w, C4, 235, 4:56, lockers 3" lift, 35's... Just as a start

Last edited:
I'm with you on the TJ. They have all the creature comforts of what I like. With my bad knees, I believe 44's would be a bitch climbing in and out of though.

I like the nostalgia of the CJ8 or even 7

lj rubi or an old willys

I want a TJ to begin with... they're plentiful and easy to build up without breaking the bank. And we can get to jeeping right away.
....then scour for an early bronco or scrambler as a longer term project. The garage is big enough for both! :D

I really would like to find a CJ8, The whell base would be stretched out as much as I could, more stable. Also some room to do a 351W, Good C4 Auto, decent Transfer and not have an 8" draive shaft. A little extra room for gear behind the seat would also be a plus.

Just finding one is going to be a problem.... UNLESS.... someone here has knowledge as to where a SERIOUS builder could find one.

Near my place somewhere. Contact him and I will go look at it if you want.

I'm thinking he meant Lake Perris which is about 20 minutes from me. His phone number is Orange county which is 45 minutes. At any rate I'm sure I can swing the time to take a look if you really want it. CA they should at least be rust free and ready to go.

I want a TJ to begin with... they're plentiful and easy to build up without breaking the bank. And we can get to jeeping right away.
....then scour for an early bronco or scrambler as a longer term project. The garage is big enough for both! :D

Jesus... I already have the one Porsche project to do, and you want a TJ and a Scrambler and another early Bronco and the '67 Shelby....

Jesus... I already have the one Porsche project to do, and you want a TJ and a Scrambler and another early Bronco and the '67 Shelby....

just the TJ and Scrambler.... The scrambler will take some time for us to do it right and it'll be fun. The TJ will be ready to do some jeeping right away.

They are both older posts but still worth a shot to see if they have them. If the second is available I have a factory truck top and all parts for it except doors sitting in my shop.

Latest posts

Back