Had a guy on my property tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got home from dinner with our old neighbors and walked in the door, thought something was funny when I pulled up and the motion light was on and the dogs were in the back yard. Was in the bathroom when my wife yelled for me so I grabbed the only gun near me which was my .380 and ran outside. There a couple guys just outside my fence but still 200' onto my property. Once I pointed my flashlight and laser at them they booked it. I think they were either on their way in or just hanging out there, my property on that side backs up to nothing and below me is a housing tract and people use that hill side as a hiking area. I guess I will never know because I am sure they crapped themselves and will think twice before coming back here.

At least you were ready for whatever might have come along. Good they ran away.

i would have shot a couple rounds into the ground , at my feet. just to give them something to think about as they left

sounds like it is time for a few discrete cameras

It was probably Vin and a BF.
It's so damn hard to find a quiet spot these days!

i would have shot a couple rounds into the ground , at my feet. just to give them something to think about as they left

sounds like it is time for a few discrete cameras
LOL. And you would have gone to the hospital then to jail.

discharge of a firearm outside city limits is legal.

not sure about kommiefornia, but every where else it is

discharge of a firearm outside city limits is legal.

not sure about kommiefornia, but every where else it is
Nope. I guess that would be for a jury to decide though. However... if you shot your feet, yes you would go to the hospital. Just sayin...

1. Most city ordinaces prohibit shooting in city limits, but just about anywhere in the country is OK as long as you arent endagering others. You cant shoot from roads or on someone elses private property unless you have permission.

google your state laws, hope i dont shoot my feets,, i needs em

I live in city limits. Stupid city incorporated around me a couple years ago. Used to be county.

1. Most city ordinaces prohibit shooting in city limits, but just about anywhere in the country is OK as long as you arent endagering others. You cant shoot from roads or on someone elses private property unless you have permission.
google your state laws, hope i dont shoot my feets,, i needs em

Dude, you are missing your own point. You can't discharge a firearm in a threatening manner. You can discharge your firearm AT them if your life is in danger to stop the threat. You cannot pop off rounds into the ground to "scare" people off. There have been recent court cases where people have been cited or worse for doing this. You know what you might get? Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Meaning, they may have been trespassing, but if they went to the police to file a complaint you fired at them (which is what it would sound like to me) your ass is grass.

But hey, to each his own I guess. Good luck!

In CA you get a death sentence. Somehow they will turn discharging a firearm into shooting at people with a military assault rifle and since I vote Conservative it will be my fault and not the guns. If I was smart I would change my voter status first so I can them blame the gun for shooting.

We live in different worlds guys, here, warning shots are legal with our stand your ground law
a trespasser , just by being a trespasser, is a threat to you and your property.

would I shoot a trespasser ? no, but will I fire a warning shot to send them on their way.
hell yes.
where I live, I AM 911, for the next 30-60 minutes

we have a lot of poachers that slip around here, when i think one is in the woods I unload a 30 rd burst.
scares the deer off, and they are not going to poach a damn thing.
my neighbor, shoots the back glass out of trucks he finds on his property.

is it legal, to shoot the glass out ? no,
but what are you going to do?
tell the sheriff i was poaching on this mans posted property and my glass got broke ?
sheriff would tell him to sue a squireel
2016-05-25_1650.png

I live on the back side of 60 acres with 7 dogs and a gf. My daughter stays a week with me then her mom a week. I will not tolerate some jack wagon coming onto my land trying to slip down to the creek or get a quick kill of the herds of deer that feed the open field halfway down my driveway and, potentially, endangering my daughter. I have been teaching her how to properly handle my firearm, Karen's firearms and the hunting rifles her son stores at the house. She is getting pretty good and I am proud of her sense of awareness of what these firearms represent for danger.
I can't afford warning shots so I put a few rounds in the general direction the dogs are barking in right after letting the Dobie loose and before he hits the tree line.
Edit to add: I give fair warning the dog is about to be turned loose and shots are about to be fired.

exactly, Roadyy, you come snooping around lead will fly
and our sheriff will back us up 110%

I don't worry about trespassers much during the summer months between the copperheads, rattlesnakes, stingin lizards, chiggers, spot back ticks, bull nettles, poison ivy and the aroma of meth blowing over from the next ridge we have little to fear.

Latest posts

Back