gun studies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
A study released by the American College of Surgeons in 2018 examined the relationship between violent crime and concealed-carry laws. The researchers analyzed data from the U.S. Department of Justice and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from all 50 states spanning 30 years.

They concluded that there is “... no statistically significant association between the liberalization of state level firearm carry legislation over the last 30 years and the rates of homicides or other violent crime

In October of 2021, The Columbus Dispatch reported on a study conducted by the National Network for Safe Communities, confirming that “... a relatively few individuals, many of them young people involved in gangs, drive much of the lethal violence … typically a fraction of individuals are behind half of the homicides.” And these criminals are already prohibited from possessing firearms

If we want to both reduce crime and respect citizens' right to defend themselves and their families, it's time to make the burdensome and expensive licensing process optional for concealed carry and to demand that cities enforce current laws against those who actually commit violent crimes.

Unrelated but I own a forum for arborists and there is a company like Google Adsense that runs all the ads, they would not let me run it there because someone posted a Let's Go Brandon t-shirt in a thread. We are at that level of stupidity where something as simple as that gets you banned from XYZ.

On Plumbing Forums, someone just reported someone else's post because they typed "Let's Go Brandon" after one of his informative posts. I satisfied the liberal and deleted the 3 words, and I let the Republican know what I did.

Latest posts

Back