Dumbass employee and work story thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodo

I'm OCD!!! Old, Cranky, and Dangerous!!!!
Reaction score
I had a helper that was a certified space cadet
I was on the third section of a scaffold and needed my drill.
I hollered down to the guy.
He brings me the drill but not the cord
I asked how am i supposed to work the drill with out a cord
His answer. you did not ask for a cord

I had a helper that was a certified space cadet
I was on the third section of a scaffold and needed my drill.
I hollered down to the guy.
He brings me the drill but not the cord
I asked how am i supposed to work the drill with out a cord
His answer. you did not ask for a cord
That sounds like my employee.

We are doing drywall. I have my employee sweep up all the dust. He puts it in a pile and asks what's next. After a bit I see the pile and ask why he didn't put it in the trash, he said we were going to sand again in a few days so he would pick it up then. Meanwhile the pile is in the middle of the work area.

A homeless guy approached me and said he was hungry and cold, asked me if i would hire him, He said Man' i'll do anything and will not fart around PLEASE I need the job. So i hired him. I said do you want to work right now? I will give you cash tonight but tomorrow you will be on the clock and get paid once a week. Oh thank you thank you
What do you want me to do?
I said, Insulate that duck with that insulation, staple the joints and wrap it with the silver tape

Dude, insulation is a man made product. I can not work with it, It is against my belifs.

I said. GOODBYE !!!

Mid 80s, hired a young man to bag carpet scraps and carry glue buckets. Told him to wear old clothes, he would get dirty. He showed up wearing a $50 shirt, Jordache jeans and Nike's. The clothes were ruined by noon and he quit. Gave him$80 for the 4 hours, figure he lost money. Normally I paid $10 an hour, but felt sorry for him because he was stupid. Once hired a kid who had just graduated from high school. He could not learn to read a tape measure and could not tell time.

Most young guys did not want to work and most older ones were drunks. A guy I know who builds houses, tells me that has not changed.

Not so many drunks here. Some drugs but really not many in their 20s or 30s any more. There are straight out of high school kids who are dumb as a rock and usually don't last.

II had a drunk show up for work with a boot on one foot and a tennis shoe on the other
I sent him home

Latest posts

Back