DIY Hardtop Moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why we have an above ground tank. We call, they come fill it.. Has a 12v pump and gas nozzle for filling equipment up.
If my equipment or trucks were ever in the same place, that would be a good idea for me. I don't make my guys come to the shop in the morning as it sucks enough driving 2.5 hours to LA I can't toss another hour on there to come to the shop. Each truck has a 120 gallon slave tank except my dually, that only had a 40 gallon. Problem is here in CA they don't cater to us construction type. We are a hindrance. Of course until they need something done. I can get Red dye about 20 minutes from my house in the opposite direction of all my work.

Have a few large fuel tanks in the yard.
Sure beats wondering where to fuel everything up at.
Just pull the fuel truck up and dump into the storage tanks.
Don't use much gas, but lots of Jet A1.

I burn a couple thousand gallons of diesel a month, it would be nice to get it at a better price in one location.

If my equipment or trucks were ever in the same place, that would be a good idea for me. I don't make my guys come to the shop in the morning as it sucks enough driving 2.5 hours to LA I can't toss another hour on there to come to the shop. Each truck has a 120 gallon slave tank except my dually, that only had a 40 gallon. Problem is here in CA they don't cater to us construction type. We are a hindrance. Of course until they need something done. I can get Red dye about 20 minutes from my house in the opposite direction of all my work.

I'm definitely no fan of Cali!!!

Your a nicer boss than my old one.. We I was working for a local GC if you needed fuel it was off to the shop with 5 gallon cans... Our stuff hardly ever leaves our property, when it does I still Utalized the 5 gallon cans lol...

Used fuel trucks are cheap.
Make sure the tank was just recertified.
And you can find someone willing to let you pull under their license from the rack.
At least here to get a license to pull myself i had to take a minimum 2.5 million liters a month.
I pull a lot more than that but its my minimum allowed to take.

But a low volume user can sometimes piggyback on another person's license.

A tri drive body job can carry a decent amount and a used quad pup is cheapand just park it anywhere you drop it.

The body job can then travel to jobsites, and refill from the quad as needed.

I'm definitely no fan of Cali!!!

Your a nicer boss than my old one.. We I was working for a local GC if you needed fuel it was off to the shop with 5 gallon cans... Our stuff hardly ever leaves our property, when it does I still Utalized the 5 gallon cans lol...
You ever look into just getting a smaller tanker truck? Fill it up in bulk and park it at the job site..
Used fuel trucks are cheap.
Make sure the tank was just recertified.
And you can find someone willing to let you pull under their license from the rack.
At least here to get a license to pull myself i had to take a minimum 2.5 million liters a month.
I pull a lot more than that but its my minimum allowed to take.

But a low volume user can sometimes piggyback on another person's license.

One word, California! By the time I can legally move more fuel I will be 50 grand into permits and fee's and classifications and other bullshit this state has come up with.

As it is just to run my dump truck I have to pay a bunch of bullshit and be enrolled in ten different programs. I had to submit myself to state run random drug tests and a bunch of other crap just to have a dump truck in my fleet. If the state calls and says go pee in a cup today, I have to go pee in a cup today, not tomorrow, not when I have time but drop what I am doing to run my business and go pee in a cup so the state can tell me if I am allowed to drive. Just more ways for them to make money and control people.

One word, California! By the time I can legally move more fuel I will be 50 grand into permits and fee's and classifications and other bullshit this state has come up with.

As it is just to run my dump truck I have to pay a bunch of bullshit and be enrolled in ten different programs. I had to submit myself to state run random drug tests and a bunch of other crap just to have a dump truck in my fleet. If the state calls and says go pee in a cup today, I have to go pee in a cup today, not tomorrow, not when I have time but drop what I am doing to run my business and go pee in a cup so the state can tell me if I am allowed to drive. Just more ways for them to make money and control people.

Sounds like a fun place to live.....

Yeah that's a bunch of total BS!!! We have a Dump, cost is like $250 a year for plates and insurance..

I used to fuel 3 backhoes and a welder using 2, 100 gallon fuel tanks on my truck with a hand operated pump
I always brought the fuel to the equipment, A lot easier than equipment to fuel
also carried grease and grease pump.
made the operators grease every time they fueled

Yeah that's a bunch of total BS!!! We have a Dump, cost is like $250 a year for plates and insurance..
Just my plates cost me almost 3k a year, insurance on that truck is about 300 a month.

I used to fuel 3 backhoes and a welder using 2, 100 gallon fuel tanks on my truck with a hand operated pump
I always brought the fuel to the equipment, A lot easier than equipment to fuel
also carried grease and grease pump.
made the operators grease every time they fueled
I just bought a Dewalt 18v grease gun for a birthday present.
I figured that after 29-3/4 years I owed it to myself.
On my jobs,you are fired the first time you don't grease in 8 hours,fair enough considering your being paid $38 an hour.

I just bought a Dewalt 18v grease gun for a birthday present.
I figured that after 29-3/4 years I owed it to myself.
On my jobs,you are fired the first time you don't grease in 8 hours,fair enough considering your being paid $38 an hour.
How do you like it? I hear they don't last and have issues but I haven't heard than first hand.

How do you like it? I hear they don't last and have issues but I haven't heard than first hand.
It was the DeWalt ($220) or the Old Milwaukee ($275). I like it so far,3 year warranty on everything including the battery.
I would NEVER buy a Lincoln,their batteries don't last and are super expensive.
I think the DeWalt has enough features for me,I'm just greatful I don't have to waste 30 min's greasing a machine anymore,I can do it in 5

How long does the battery last?

Latest posts

Back