confiscation has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
https://firearmrack.com/atf-confiscating-aa-12/

ATF Confiscating AA-12 Shotguns
August 30, 2019
by Daniel R

A letter recently posted in a few online gun groups is making gun owners shake their collective heads. The letter, sent by ATF, explains that the recently released semiautomatic AA-12 shotgun should actually be classified as a machine gun. This is due to the right side plate of the receiver being identical between the two versions. It is this component that the ATF classifies as a firearm.

This determination makes all of the semiauto AA-12's into NFA items, subjecting them to severe restrictions on manufacturing and ownership. The ATF is currently reaching out to those who purchased these shotguns, requiring owners to surrender them or risk violating federal law.

The ATF also has confiscated at least one full-auto post sample AA-12. The report comes from AR15.com user SFHC who stated that the AA-12 was obtained with a valid demo letter as required by law.

The ATF says that the manufacturer didn't correctly mark the gun. As a result, the ATF stated they were going door to door and collecting every post sample AND semi-auto AA-12.

This got me thinking about government gun buy backs. How do they buy back a gun they did not sell to me.

Luckily all my guns were lost in my move to idaho.

Latest posts

Back