Cause and Scout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over at Grandpas today while helping him sort out his TV I snapped a pic of something I thought you'd like...

This was given to my grandparents by the woman that taught my grandpa to paint in the 50's. She painted this of uptown Sedona in the early 40's. I thought you'd love to see the difference in uptown going out towards slide rock from 1940ish to today.

20160628_135718.jpg

"that taught my grandpa to paint"

Is that what they called sex in the conservative 1950's? I'm going over to Bertha's house to "learn to paint".

"that taught my grandpa to paint"

Is that what they called sex in the conservative 1950's? I'm going over to Bertha's house to "learn to paint".
The saying for the 60's was - "I'm going over to the hookers house to listen to records"

Thanks Thom, that is such a contrast to what is there today. The good part is though, that the red rocks will never change since they are all protected by national forest.... And Sedona and Cottonwood can't spread out any farther since its surrounded by the national forest. The night skies here are amazing because of that.

We just got here into our new house last Monday and have been unpacking like crazy. We won't have internet until Wednesday. We love the house and the area and can't wait to be settled in so we can do some more exploring.

Last edited:
Shit, I've been there! I think I had a cactus for lunch. Almost choked on the bloody thing.

WE, now live here...

...well not precisely there, but in the 'area', out in an unincorporated area... it's so damn nice!!!!!!

Apart from the cactus appetizer, I really liked Sedona. Amazing scenery and ambiance. I'm happy for you two!
Are you still mad at me?

We've been busy getting moved in for the past 4 weeks and still have so much to do. We did take time to find a new TJ to replace my yellow 2000 I sold in Cinci before we left.
Cause and I found a diamond in the rough yesterday.... the people didn't have a clue what they had and we got a SUPER deal. It was a very dirty but completely rust free copper (Amber Fire Pearlcoat) 2001 TJ Sport 6 cyl auto. After we cleaned it up it looks great and the interior even looks brand new.

But the best part is....

...FACTORY DANA 44's !!!!!
:)

Last edited:
Milford area on the east side of Cinci.

Latest posts

Back