A question for Barrie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
How do you get this rubber connector apart?

098.jpg

The new Ford F 150 EV only gets 230 miles per charge. So recharge about every four hours.

Sorry Rusty just saw this thread.
A guy told me to spray it with lube, put a thin screwdriver in the middle and push. Another said to pull up hard on it. I was wondering about just cutting it off and replacing it with a bolt?

Got it off. In spite of what I was told on line, you still can't get to the negative cable that way. So I cleaned the positive and hope that takes care of it.

Negative cable should run down to the motor or transmission.
But the negative end of the battery sits under the headlight assembly, Can't get my hand in there to clean the battery post. Can't pull the battery out far enough to reach it without pulling the left front wheel and inner fender. Chryslers suck.

But the negative end of the battery sits under the headlight assembly, Can't get my hand in there to clean the battery post. Can't pull the battery out far enough to reach it without pulling the left front wheel and inner fender. Chryslers suck.

Gotcha, I thought you were trying to change the cable.

How do you get this rubber apart?
Figured it out. Just grab and pull up hard.
A guy told me to spray it with lube ...and push. Another said to pull up hard on it. I was wondering about just cutting it off... !
Should I lube it first?
It will certainly help, especially to get it back on, they can be a bitch.
If it is too much trouble, I will replace it....
...Can't get my hand in there to clean.... Can't pull IT out far enough to reach it without pulling...
Chryslers suck.
Got it off.
In spite of what I was told on line...
So I cleaned the... thing, and hope that takes care of it.

So MUCH NASTY Talk here....

Last edited:
I think it was a alternator I was replacing on my wife's old 2000 Grand Cherokee, but it was almost having to remove the rear bumper to get at the damn thing.

With our Nissan, to change a tail light you have to use a 6" long extension to reach in and unbolt the complete taillight assembly. The headlights are even worse. That '85 Ford van I had, you had to drop most of the dash just to change the flasher.

Wife had a Saturn Ion that in order to replace the A/C evaporator, you had to pull the windshield, then the entire dashboard. Damn Carmax gave us $3600, bad evap and all.

Latest posts

Back