99 F250

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
My sisters-in-law have decided I can buy my late FIL's pickup. 99 F250 with 99,000 miles. Has not run in 2 years. I figure it is worth the $150. they want to get it out of my driveway

My sisters-in-law have decided I can buy my late FIL's pickup. 99 F250 with 99,000 miles. Has not run in 2 years. I figure it is worth the $150. they want to get it out of my driveway

I'm a bit confused.
If it is IN your driveway, WTF do they care if it is there?

Tell them to pound sand. Whose name is it in, is it in pobate? Is someone the executor of the estate?

Charge THEM for storage fees!

I mistyped. I want to get it out of my driveway. I'm tired, I have been working outside all day.

IF THEY want it tel them to coe get it.
If not, get the title in your name, either get it running and sell it, or drop a running junkyard motor in it and sell it.

Body condition, tranny, two wheel drive, glass any good, rust... ???

Part it out ! ?

Almost looks new inside and out. But has that horrible V 10. factory specs said 8-10 mpg when it came out. It has a shell on it they gave $4800 dollars for, color matched to the truck.

I had an 06 with a v10. Loved that truck. Would pass everything but a gas station. Would be a good truck to have around if yoy didn't need to drive it much.

Any idea why it is not 'running'?

Any idea why it is not 'running'?
Drove it in and it would not start. Happened a couple other times but would always eventually start. But not the last time. I decided not to work on it unless it became mine. Besides since it was part of an estate, I could no longer get insurance on it. As soon as I get a clear title, I will see if I can figure it out. Don't know if I will keep it or not. Already have two good cars and a work van. There is only the two of us. My MIL had promised it to me when she was gone, but never put it in writing. They were good people. He gave me his guns before he died. They had supported my wife's two sisters forever, and we never asked them for anything. I went to their house and worked for free a lot of weekends. I miss them as much as I do my parents.

Sounds like it could be an electrical/control unit issue ! ...a sensor?

I changed the fuel pump relay. The stupid thing has an alarm on the ignition so loud you can't hear if the fuel pump is kicking in. Those have a common problem of bad computers. The connections were soldered and they tend to come loose.

Hell if all else fails;
Get the title
Register, liscense, fully insure it
Wait a month or two
THEN BURN IT TO THE GROUND....

Put a scanner on it and it was not showing any codes. It had a fuel pump put on it just before she passed, wondering if it is that in line filter? Won't touch it again until I get a title.

Put a scanner on it and it was not showing any codes. It had a fuel pump put on it just before she passed, wondering if it is that in line filter? Won't touch it again until I get a title.

Could be, also check out the wiring on the pump if it isn't a plug and play.

Don't blame you on the title.

Latest posts

Back