ok you asked for it, the non jeep build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the new tires came in today. general Grabber AT3 33 12.50 17 and I had them mounted on some 17 x 9 Method race wheels. I think the stance is just right.

test fitting everything.
6JGqU5d.jpg

the method wheels have a removeable center portion on the center cap but it was not long enough to clear my hub lockouts so I bought some stainless steel centers off amazon and they look great I think.
sntdXCJ.jpg

8dxvGBr.jpg

DHugzVx.jpg

Not much right now. I am working with a guy to redesign the powe steering reservoir. I am not really happy with this one. And then of course it appears Bronco money is just like mustang money. I have spent enough on the Bronco I have to now pay it back to the house and wife lol. I have to build a new deck and replace the carpet on the main floor before my daughter comes home from Paraguay. I am also still waiting to hear an estimate on painting the body which I am hoping to do in March when my taxes are done. So not much is going to happen this winter I’m afraid. I spent today fixing the oil pressure gauge on Sarah’s mustang and replacing the broken vent in my car trailer so I can store her car. Lots of stuff to keep me busy but very little progress on the bronco I’m afraid

Not much right now. I am working with a guy to redesign the powe steering reservoir. I am not really happy with this one. And then of course it appears Bronco money is just like mustang money. I have spent enough on the Bronco I have to now pay it back to the house and wife lol. I have to build a new deck and replace the carpet on the main floor before my daughter comes home from Paraguay. I am also still waiting to hear an estimate on painting the body which I am hoping to do in March when my taxes are done. So not much is going to happen this winter I’m afraid. I spent today fixing the oil pressure gauge on Sarah’s mustang and replacing the broken vent in my car trailer so I can store her car. Lots of stuff to keep me busy but very little progress on the bronco I’m afraid
I love all you do in your shop. You inspire me in many ways. I do have a off the wall question, is your daughter on a mission?

a couple weeks ago I found this hoist on amazon. I bought it planning to use it when it came time to install the roll bar. I took a 1.5 inch piece of square tubing and a piece of 2 inch angle iron and welded them together to increase the strength. then bolted it to the ceiling beams with grade 8 hardware. then I didn't want to risk damaging the truck or the roof so I used some 1 inch lag bolts and bolted some d rings to a 4x4. I figured if I started trying to lift too much it would pull the lag bolts out before it did too much damage. (I hope). anyway, I needed to lift the back of the body to shim the rear body mounts in order to adjust the door gap properly. trying to fit a floor jack in there with a properly positioned piece of 4x4 was one way to do it, but working around the gas tank was going to be a problem. so, I thought this way was better. it worked very well it lifted both sides evenly and with ease. once I had it adjusted to my liking I welded in some supports because the next step will be to pull the body back off the frame in preparation for paint.
n6itKuX.jpg

xMrcbDe.jpg

rather than weld them directly to the tub i blted some supports in and welded to them to make it easier to remove

7w7WGfA.jpg

40wFCZN.jpg

My beautiful wife, being the amazing and generous woman that she is, allowed me the whole day today to work on the Bronco. I have not done much with it lately because I need to get it painted as about the next step. as part of that there are a few things that needed to be done. I had spoken with Dan Schrier about getting it painted and he will hopefully be getting me an estimate for how much it is going to cost soon. in the mean time I have adjusted some of the plans since we spoke. I decided not to have a stripe painted on it, I am just going to have it painted Brittany Blue. I also have been having trouble getting my power steering reservoir to fit under the stock hood, and I decided I just didn't like the way the hood looked under neath with the scoop installed. so I decided to buy myself an early christmas present on Black Friday. So I have a new fiberglass hood coming which is already finished underneath. that will hopefully save some work for the body shop. I also decided to go ahead and do the fuel filler modification I had been planning. I have been practicing my welding, and although I am still not that great at it I am getting better. I still suck at body work so it will need to have a professional finish it properly, but it turned out ok I think.

gPTrito.jpg

SNwBtzk.jpg

VS6pWPe.jpg

eWwD0IS.jpg

gzCYVPM.jpg

well, my Daughter had been having some health issues so they decided that she needed to come home, so she returned from Paraguay on the 12th of December exactly a year from the day she left. she is doing much better now, she had a great experience, but she is very glad to be home.
on another note, I found a fiberglass hood I like a lot better than the original.
I liked the way the stock hood looked on the outside, but underneath, it was ugly. the fiberglass hood will look just as good open as closed.

rbcA2Is.jpg

I ordered it on black friday and got it the day after christmas. I sold my other one, and bolted this one on. it looks great I think. I also mocked up the hood shocks and powdercoated the brackets. then took them back off because I am getting ready for paint.

ZNTjTcz.jpg

OtJywRh.jpg

FCWtbJu.jpg

oh, and I did a little more massaging of the fuel door area. after looking at the pictures I could see I needed to do some more work. I also trimmed up the inner fender and mocked up the rubber filler tube. I had a local welding company tig weld a vent tube to the fill tube and now it is all ready to go for when I get the body back from paint.

the
zFUHlDc.jpg

body shop finally got back to me. man paint has gotten expensive. I can't believe how much it is estimated to cost to paint this body which should require very little in the way of body work. but I told him I want a show quality paint job so you get what you pay for. I still need to cut the holes for the hood pins I intend to use. I also decided that I want to paint the flares body color. I think i am pretty decided on Brittany blue for a color. now I just have to wait till march when I am supposed to bring it in. He estimated it should only take about a month to finish so then I can start the fun stuff.

I can't do much right now until march when I can get the body over to paint, but I finished mocking up the hood and the hood pins. I decided to go with these instead of using the stock latch hardware. I think it looks a little cleaner this way. I don't know yet if I am going to modify the grill where the latch hardware mounted. anyway one baby step forward.

IdGlNav.jpg

zH9X3lC.jpg

LpFXbBU.jpg

I mocked the mirrors and bronco script emblems in, (the mirror is just held on by tape right now). originally I saw a bronco with these mirrors on and really liked them. now I am not sure. here are some pics of my bronco and a couple finished ones to compare. what do you guys think?

MoaVnzI.jpg

POrGRti.jpg

YZXH7oT.jpg

7RJm40E.jpg

KjCMx7w.jpg

I like the sport mirrors better

ok direct comparison I definitely like the smaller mirrors better. so that is what I will be going with. I ordered the mirrors and new outer door handles as a set from wild horses, but I called the order in so they could customize my order with a convex passenger side mirror to help a bit with the decreased visibility the smaller mirrors give. getting really excited to see some color on this thing
PUxnnqX.jpg

YZXH7oT.jpg

Latest posts

Back